Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Grandfathers hat, help with identification and info

Article about: First time poster! I found this hat stuffed in the same envelope as my Grandfathers Honorable Discharge papers. My Grandfather served in the 30th Infantry Company E from 1942-45. i was given

Kel
    ?

Default Grandfathers hat, help with identification and info

Grandfathers hat, help with identification and infoGrandfathers hat, help with identification and infoGrandfathers hat, help with identification and infoGrandfathers hat, help with identification and info

First time poster! I found this hat stuffed in the same envelope as my Grandfathers Honorable Discharge papers. My Grandfather served in the 30th Infantry Company E from 1942-45. i was given all his medals and paperwork after he passed. This hat came up and I have no clue as to what it was for or if it was issued etc. any info that someone may have would be great. My son and I have researched it and can't come up with much. Thanks in advance for any input!

Hi, and welcome!

The cut of the cap is in Female form.

I would suggest it is not military at all, but a patriotic item worn by a lady on the home front.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Welcome to the forum, I agree with Ade that the cap is a female type/pattern. All I would add is that I have seen cap badges mounted on black ribbons or material, much in the tradition of "mourning brooches", so maybe it was worn out of respect for a fallen relative? Leon.

You have a woman's hat!

Perhaps from a lady friend.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.