Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grenadier Guards FS cap 1939 nearly mint

Article about: Just bought this one from the US via Ebay, pretty good pics from the seller. Nicely maker marked and dated and size marked as well, a good early or pre war example. Not 100% certain what the

Default Grenadier Guards FS cap 1939 nearly mint

Just bought this one from the US via Ebay, pretty good pics from the seller. Nicely maker marked and dated and size marked as well, a good early or pre war example. Not 100% certain what the badge is for and neither was the seller, Fusiliers, RA or RE? I'll work it out later and update when I do.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grenadier Guards FS cap 1939 nearly mint   Grenadier Guards FS cap 1939 nearly mint  

Grenadier Guards FS cap 1939 nearly mint   Grenadier Guards FS cap 1939 nearly mint  

Grenadier Guards FS cap 1939 nearly mint   Grenadier Guards FS cap 1939 nearly mint  

Last edited by Jerry B; 05-09-2014 at 07:55 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: FS cap 1939 nearly mint

Just found the badge, Grenadier guards.
    Regards,

Jerry

Ebay does hold some nice treasures from time to time.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Ebay does hold some nice treasures from time to time.
    A lot of garbage, but some real gems can be found IMHO and this was a real good price as well. Very nice 1939 date in great condition, an absolute bargain.
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice cap, like you say you can get some decent stuff from fleabay!..

It finally arrived, though I had to pay tax on it as it came from the US, but more annoying I also had to pay a handling fee to the Post Office. Still a good price for such an early dated side cap, but grrrrr!!!!

An extra bonus is that it has Edward VII buttons on it, which date from before WWI, so pretty rare to have these on it and they must have been unused old stock as the cap is dated 1939.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grenadier Guards FS cap 1939 nearly mint   Grenadier Guards FS cap 1939 nearly mint  

Last edited by Jerry B; 01-01-2013 at 07:31 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Some information posted on the B&CMB forum suggests this might be for the Royal Household home guard unit as they wore the Grenadier Guards badge and that might make more sense of it having the early buttons on it, though there is so little known about the unit that this will probably never be capable of being proved.
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice find Jerry! I have had zero luck on Ebay. Online auction houses are more of my thing.

Thanks Mo and a shame about ebay for you, but a lot of german stuff is banned from there and a lot of it is garbage, though its pretty good for British items.
    Regards,

Jerry

This one seemed to not get much attention when first posted, perhaps it will attract a bit more now, bump.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast