Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Grenadier Guards o/r's service dress cap

Article about: This cap is actually dated 1950, but is essentially the same type of cap worn in WWII, with the "slashed peak" common to Guards regiments. Standard brass GG badge, and well polishe

?

Default Grenadier Guards o/r's service dress cap

This cap is actually dated 1950, but is essentially the same type of cap worn in WWII, with the "slashed peak" common to Guards regiments. Standard brass GG badge, and well polished regimental side buttons, with GeoVI cypher.

BobSGrenadier Guards o/r's service dress capGrenadier Guards o/r's service dress capGrenadier Guards o/r's service dress cap

?

Nice one Bob,

Attached, (hopefully!), is a wartime studio photo of my late grand-father wearing his, that I have previously posted on the forums. (At the time, he was ranking as a Gold-Sergeant, a rank peculiar to the Grenadiers.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grenadier Guards o/r's service dress cap  

Very nice Bob, I saw a stripped example of one of these on the weekend and almost bought it. The thing I like about these is that they still have that type of lining and cloth free underside to the peak that is largely unchanged from WWI, though that does mean that sometimes they get sold in error as WWI caps.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Fantastic Bob, was it you Grandfathers also?

?

Quote by Ocad View Post
    Fantastic Bob, was it you Grandfathers also?
    No, my grandfather served in the U.S. Army in WWI, my father in the USAAF in WWII. My great-great grandfather served in the Union Army in the Civil War.

BobS

?

Sorry Bob, read the thread too quick and as you have a great collection of British caps..... Btw, quite an impressive military family history.

?

Quote by Ocad View Post
    Sorry Bob, read the thread too quick and as you have a great collection of British caps..... Btw, quite an impressive military family history.
    Thanks. They just happened to be born at the "right" time to be of prime military age, and to serve their country in time of war.
    My father just turned 93, and, sadly, the vast majority of his peers are long gone, including all of my uncles who also served in WWII.
    I really didn't think all that much of my family history growing up, but it's very important to me now.

BobS