Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help on cap please

Article about: Hello gang, this is not my collecting theme so was wondering could anyone give me any information at all about this cap please? i am posting it for a friend and he would like any info at all

Default Help on cap please

Hello gang, this is not my collecting theme so was wondering could anyone give me any information at all about this cap please? i am posting it for a friend and he would like any info at all, age, country, and poss who would wear it, many thanks in advance
    cheers Ronnie
    Attached Images Attached Images Help on cap please  Help on cap please  Help on cap please  Help on cap please 

Default Re: Help on cap please

It looks much like a British WW1 cap to me Ronnie, not my field either though so take that accordingly

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    It looks much like a British WW1 cap to me Ronnie, not my field either though so take that accordingly
    It sort of does a bit, but I'm not convinced it is and I'm inclined to think its nearer WWII in date, maybe for Guards OR's undress cap or something of that nature and might even be post WWII going by the writing in the liner band, though I am happy to be shown to be wrong by someone who knows these. It might be worth posting a link to it in the WWI section as there are some real experts on WWI British caps who post there.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Ronnie, Jerry has nailed it, it is actually post WW2.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks very much guys i have just posted it up as advised thanks again, Ronnie