Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Needed Identifying Chinese Army Hat

Article about: Hello, I am trying to identify a Chinese hat that was given to me years ago by my father, sometime in the early 1980's He received it from one of his friends from the Army but I don't know e

Default Help Needed Identifying Chinese Army Hat

Hello,

I am trying to identify a Chinese hat that was given to me years ago by my father, sometime in the early 1980's He received it from one of his friends from the Army but I don't know exactly when he received it. My father was in the Army during the Korean War but did not serve overseas. The person who gave it to my father was in Korea for many years. The hat is small, I'm a 7 1/4 hat size and it doesn't come close to fitting. I suspect the label will determine what this item is. Any information would be really helpful. Thank you!

Help Needed Identifying Chinese Army HatHelp Needed Identifying Chinese Army HatHelp Needed Identifying Chinese Army HatHelp Needed Identifying Chinese Army Hat

?

The label just tells the company in China making it.

?

see pointer of its location in ChinaHelp Needed Identifying Chinese Army HatHelp Needed Identifying Chinese Army Hat

Was hoping the label would give some idea of the time period.

MAP
    ?

Hangzhou being right near Shanghai. I could be wrong but I would guess this in not military but more tourist related. I saw these (or similar in style) being sold in Shanghai and Beijing on the street when I was over there.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I agree with MAP.
    The label only states the name of the company, stock number etc. No idea when it was made.

MAP
    ?

Just spoke to the wife. The red kanji is Hangzhou. The Kanji to the right states something like that they are a garment/clothing manufacturer

Bottom Left is the company's merchant number and the bottom right is the inspector or stock number as I think Chen is referring to (517)

For the record, this is not an exact translation and she can't read some of the kanji but it should be close enough. She knows what it says in Chinese but conveying what it is in English is difficult

While she does not know this hobby she said the label appears to be "retail" which supports what I saw when I was over there. Of course, this one definitely appears much older

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

1.Hangzhou
    2. Textile
    3. Merchandise
    4. clothing
    5. company
    6. merchandise number
    7. I can not see the first Kanji but only the second Kanji, so I do not want to comment.Help Needed Identifying Chinese Army Hat

MAP
    ?

Quote by chen View Post
    1.Hangzhou
    2. Textile
    3. Merchandise
    4. clothing
    5. company
    6. merchandise number
    7. I can not see the first Kanji but only the second Kanji, so I do not want to comment.Help Needed Identifying Chinese Army Hat
    Pretty much exactly what my wife said...lol. she too couldn't read that last one but guessed it was for on inspector

Thank you so much for all of the detailed information. I have included one more image, it's a scan of the label with as much detail as possible - however it sounds like this group has this item pretty well identified. I really appreciate the people of this group taking the time to answer my questions. Best regards, DavidHelp Needed Identifying Chinese Army Hat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast