Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Highland Light infantry of Canada tamoshanter

Article about: A 1945 made tamoshanter badged to the Highland Light Infantry of Canada. Distinctive features are the Mackenzie tartan swatch and green toorie. Another interesting feature of this ToS is def

Default Highland Light infantry of Canada tamoshanter

A 1945 made tamoshanter badged to the Highland Light Infantry of Canada. Distinctive features are the Mackenzie tartan swatch and green toorie. Another interesting feature of this ToS is definitively the piece of tin metal that has been used to prevent the split pin to damage cloth and to give the right slant and shape to the beret.... Was there any difference in details between HLI of Canada devices and those of its parent regiment, HLI? Thank you and all the best!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Highland Light infantry of Canada tamoshanter   Highland Light infantry of Canada tamoshanter  

Highland Light infantry of Canada tamoshanter   Highland Light infantry of Canada tamoshanter  

Highland Light infantry of Canada tamoshanter   Highland Light infantry of Canada tamoshanter  

Default Re: Highland Light infantry of Canada tamoshanter

Good looking TOS and interesting that is is a Scottish made example. I think the British issued examples all had a Khaki toorie, though I have seen B&W pictures that suggest different coloured toories were used. The HLI cap badge is different in having different wording on the scroll.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Highland Light infantry of Canada tamoshanter  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Good looking TOS and interesting that is is a Scottish made example. I think the British issued examples all had a Khaki toorie, though I have seen B&W pictures that suggest different coloured toories were used. The HLI cap badge is different in having different wording on the scroll.
    It looks like the green toorie has been added as a field modification, Jerry, whereas I was not aware that the two cap badges would differ that much, many thanks for your addition!

The Assaye Scroll and the elephant would be battle honours awarded to the HLI and could not be used on the Canadian version unless they also took part in the same actions.

My TOS has had its toorie removed and was also missing its badge, though if that was to convert it for use as a GS cap is not certain, but it has more than one set of badge holes on it suggesting that it might have been.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/USA-b...al-cap-229479/
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.