Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Indian pattern pith helmet

Article about: Hi, looking at this one. It seems post war and probably civilan issue. Am i correct? Thanks Cheers. Nuno

Default Indian pattern pith helmet

Hi, looking at this one.
    It seems post war and probably civilan issue.
    Am i correct?
    Thanks
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Attached Images Attached Images Indian pattern pith helmet  Indian pattern pith helmet  Indian pattern pith helmet  Indian pattern pith helmet 

Default Re: Indian pattern pith helmet

Hard to date these, but it is a Cawnpore pattern which is an early version of the India pattern and these with the padded exterior tend to be pre WWII, though as I posted it is hard to date for certain.

Cool pith and one I would buy if the price was not too much, though I don't know what is a good price as I have never bought one of this type.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    Hard to date these, but it is a Cawnpore pattern which is an early version of the India pattern and these with the padded exterior tend to be pre WWII, though as I posted it is hard to date for certain.

Cool pith and one I would buy if the price was not too much, though I don't know what is a good price as I have never bought one of this type.
    From what i know, it is undated.
    No marks, except for maker but it look to be a really cool pith.
    Thanks Jerry, im going for it.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    From what i know, it is undated.
    No marks, except for maker but it look to be a really cool pith.
    Thanks Jerry, im going for it.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

They are rarely dated, especially if it is a private purchase type like this one. I have one with a broad arrow stamp and one with a dated label, but both of those are Army issue types and not private purchase.
    Regards,

Jerry

HELLO
    I am not an authority on pith helmets,here is mine that i have had for quite some time (not 1929) the difference that i see , mine is dated ,not maker marked and no air vent,how do you tell between civilian and military?.....DAVE H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Indian pattern pith helmet   Indian pattern pith helmet  

Indian pattern pith helmet   Indian pattern pith helmet  

Without a known history or signs that it had a flash or other insignia added you cannot tell.
    Regards,

Jerry

Nuno, your inbox is full mate so I can't reply to your last message. Be good to see the date on this when you have it in the hand, as this type can be pre WWI I think.
    Regards,

Jerry