Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Article about: Hi, This thread is in conjuction and in support of the excellent thread covering Service Dress caps started by Nigel. Please feel free to view, show and chat about British Army Officer's Dre

A new addition for my collection, Welsh Guards from 1958, with T broad arrow mark and 1958 under another broad arrow. It also has the guardsmans service number under the sweatband and is maker marked. Sadly missing its buttons and chinstrap but worth it for one from this period as most you see are the newer versions with nato stock codes etc. It must be quite early on in the use of AA/staybright badges, which start being used in circa 1953, so I can get AA buttons for it from the bay quite easily and a replacement chinstrap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Here is an officer's dress cap for the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, perhaps the most colorful British Army dress cap. Made, as usual, by Herbert Johnson, it appears unworn.
    I added the black felt background to the badge, often missing, that is used to honor the memory of Tsar Nicholas II, Colonel in Chief of the Royal Scots Greys until his death.

BobS

Quote by BobS View Post
    Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Here is an officer's dress cap for the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, perhaps the most colorful British Army dress cap. Made, as usual, by Herbert Johnson, it appears unworn.
    I added the black felt background to the badge, often missing, that is used to honor the memory of Tsar Nicholas II, Colonel in Chief of the Royal Scots Greys until his death.

BobS
    Very nice cap Bob and very bright as you mention. Interesting about the Tsar. I moved this for you as you posted it in the SD cap thread.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Interesting indeed about the Tsar. I nearly bought one of these the other day. Still got my eye on one. Such a striking pattern!

?

Quote by Ocad View Post
    Interesting indeed about the Tsar. I nearly bought one of these the other day. Still got my eye on one. Such a striking pattern!
    Yes, as you may know, along with the Tsar as colonel-in-chief of the 2nd Dragoons in 1914, Kaiser Wilhelm II held the same appointment with the 1st ( Royal ) Dragoons, and Emperor Franz Joseph I with the 1st King's Dragoon Guards.
    I would love to find a Scots Greys officer's dress cap, but they seem to be quite rare.

BobS

Hi Anon, Another nice cap with a nice early date. My I make a suggestion please? If the cap was mine, I would be inclined to replace the device with a brass badge. Not a critisism, purely an opinion!!!
    Thank you for showing. When we eventually get moved and I get my caps out of storeage, I hope to add a few more items.
    Cheers MR

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Anon, Another nice cap with a nice early date. My I make a suggestion please? If the cap was mine, I would be inclined to replace the device with a brass badge. Not a critisism, purely an opinion!!!
    Thank you for showing. When we eventually get moved and I get my caps out of storeage, I hope to add a few more items.
    Cheers MR

Hi Michael and thanks,

I agree from an aesthetic point of view, but the AA badge would I think have been introduced in the 50's so it is likely that it is the correct type of badge for the cap. Perhaps someone else will know when the AA was introduced for the Welsh Guards forage/dress cap. If no one can help I can ask elsewhere for the information.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi BobS, A Fine high ranking cap and one that has elluded me to date. Thank you for showing it to us all. There are some real diamonds coming out on this thread. Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
    Cheers Michael R

?

Perhaps this book will answer the AA or bronze cap badge issue: Interesting Articles - OCAD Militaria Collectors Resources

Quote by Ocad View Post
    Perhaps this book will answer the AA or bronze cap badge issue: Interesting Articles - OCAD Militaria Collectors Resources
    I have seen a lot of info from the book and it looks to be an absolutely brilliant book, but the price seems way to high to me for what is in my case only of occasional interest. Perhaps in a few years cheaper copies will become available.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast