Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Article about: Hi, This thread is in conjuction and in support of the excellent thread covering Service Dress caps started by Nigel. Please feel free to view, show and chat about British Army Officer's Dre

Some more.

FO 84 Royal Army Education Corps Field Officer's Number 1 Dress cap. The RAEC has now been re titled Education and Training Service Branch (ETS) and been taken into the Adjutant General's Corps

FO 104 Royal Regiment of Artillery Field Officer's Number 1 Dress cap.

SO 143 Number 2 Dress cap for Colonels and Brigadiers of the Royal Army Medical Corps.

SO 145 Named 2 Dress cap for Colonels and Brigadiers of the Royal Army Chaplain's Department (RAChD). This particular cap belonged to a Brigadier Chaplain of the Church of England.

Anyone interested in a few more Army caps or have we all had enough for the time being?

FO 88 Number 1 Dress (No1) cap for Field Officers of the RA.

SO 144 RAMC Staff Officer's No1 cap of pre/WWII vintage or possibly earlier. The cap has a gold wire embroidered KC cap badge and is unusual in that it contravenes Army Officers Dress Regulations by having green rather than blue piping to the crown??

JO 203 Company and Field grade Officer's No2 cap with gilded metal QC cap badge. This is an early style female cap.

FO 66 Royal Army Service Corps (RASC) Field Officer's No1 Dress cap with QC multi part and multi coloured cap badge. This cap and badge are identical to the later Royal Corps of Transport items with only the initials on the badge scroll amended to read "RCT" rather than "RASC".

A few more Officers caps.

FO 96 RAEC Field Officer's No1 Dress cap. The cap band and crown piping on this cap is of a significantly different shade to the cap shown above.

SO 144 Brigadier or Colonel's No2 Dress cap of pre WWII style with a KC cap badge and "Corps" cap band for the RAMC.

JO 137 Company or Junior officer's No1 Dress cap with QC gilded cap badge.

FO 94 Company or Field grade Officer's No1 Dress cap for an Officer of the Scots Guards. This is an older cap possibly of WWII vintage but with a later replacement cap badge. I am not sure what grade the visor embellishment represents? Your comments would be appreciated please.

?

From off the top of my head Micheal, all Guards Forage Officer's caps had a gold band on the peak.

?

Interesting and attractive, the Sub. Col RAMC cap with colour felt rank backing.

?

Michael, the Scots Guards cap badge looks like one that is actually for a Royal Scots officer. They are quite similiar; here is my SG officer cap:

BobSLets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

?

Quote by Ocad View Post
    From off the top of my head Micheal, all Guards Forage Officer's caps had a gold band on the peak.
    Correct, regardless of rank.

Hi Ocad, Thank you foir your messages and "Likes". This and the RAF headdress thread have been so quiet that I was beginning to think that they had both run out of interest value. Yes, I had a feeling that what you say was the case but I did not want to show my ignorance and make a statement only to be contradicted so I was hoping that you or someone else would supply the substantive answer. So thank you once again. And very nice to hear from you again!!!
    With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael

Hi Bob, Many thanks for your message and photo. I will pull my Guards cap out tomorrow and have a good look at the cap badge and compare it with your photo. I am not an Army badge collector as such and my knowledge is not up to standard so I greatly appreciate any feed back given by people like you and Ocad! I have quite a few hats from various countries and for various arms of service and accept that I do get things wrong but with guys like the members of our Forum out there to correct me, it all helps me to correct my errors. So thank you once again and nice to hear from you!!
    Cheers Michael

A further four current and obsolete "Corps" caps to view.

FO 543 A nice RAMC female Field Officer's No1 dress cap with braid embellished visor. The braid is of a slightly different style and narrower than that worn on the male Officer's cap.

JO 205 No2 Dress cap Worn by all Officers of the RAPC from WO1 to Lieutenant Colonel inclusive.

FO 66 RASC Field Officer's No1 Dress cap.

JO 207 Similar cap to JO 205 above but worn by an Officer of the Royal Corps of Engineers (RE)

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast