MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Article about: Hi, This thread is in conjuction and in support of the excellent thread covering Service Dress caps started by Nigel. Please feel free to view, show and chat about British Army Officer's Dre

?

Hi Michael,
    I can't be much help with the FS caps but the Lord Lt cap is fantastic. I saw it listed and was a very fair price indeed. Regret not getting it now. I love hats with history, really brings them alive. Do you have a photo of him at all?

Hi Ocad, Thankyou for your message and comments. I have done a little research on the LL but can find no photos of hime wearing either Army or LL uniform. If you come across any, please let me know.
    Cheers Michael

Hi michael, Love the coloured F/S caps. (let me know if you ever want to part with them)
    Hopefully i can be of assistance with the ID of them

OR 245 All elements very dark blue(VDB). Crown peak and curtain pipe red.
    the Duke of wellington's Regiment O/R fs cap

OR 248 Crown white. Body and peak red. Curtain VDB. Crown and curtain piped yellow.
    REME worn 1942-1947

OR 247 Crown and body red. Peak and curtain VD Green. No piping
    this one is a bit of a mystery, I have two listed with the same colour combination and no piping so cant be sure but it may be:
    West Kent Yeomanry O/R? - or - Loyal suffolk Hussars O/R?

Hi Bananamafia, Very many thanks for your response and post. The information is most welcome and greatly appriciated. I used to collect chip bags but faded off them. I sometimes wonder why as I still like them although I have let a number go over the years in favour of visors etc. I am assuming from your post that you collect them too? What else presses your buttons? You never know we may be able to do a bit of trading???

All I have to do now is find the correct period badges!! Also, please note, Titles changed!!!

Thank you once again Michael

Hi, Two more FS caps came out of the box.

OR 239 Royal Army Ordnance Corps (RAOC) Other Ranks FS cap of circa WWII vintage. Often referred to as the Rag And Oil Company among other names. No labels or names detailed inside the cap.

OR 244 Late, possibly 60's Gloucester Regiment Other Ranks FS Cap with anodised aluminium cap and back badges and buttons. No labels or names detailed inside the cap.

Hi Again Bananamafia, Do you have a name? One thing that I neglected to ask you, if you look at the photo for OR 248, you will see that there is no badge slider hole? Despite the cap having been worn, have you any idea why it may have been worn without a badge???????????

Cheers Michael

Hi Michael, I'm afraid i don't collect these as such, but always pick them up when i see them.
    I have had a good few over the last couple of years and must admit I have got a little fascinated by them, I think it is partly due to the (somewhat) limited information available about them.

As regards the one without the slider hole, I dont know. I also had one similar however, If my memory serves I think it was a RAOC one.
    It also had been worn, but without a fixing hole. I put it down to the individual just sliding his badge over the peak/curtain.
    but maybe there is an actual reason behind it?
    Kind regards
    Ed

Hi Ed, I missed this message so appologies for the late response. Yes, I have seen that done so at least for the time being, I will do what you allude to.

Thanks once again Michael

- - ------- - -

Hi Ed, I missed this message so apologies for the late response. Yes, I have seen that done so at least for the time being, I will do what you allude to.

Thanks once again Michael

?

I finally had some photos taken of some caps acquired over the past year or so. They are for officers of The Queen's Royal Irish Hussars, 2nd County of London Yeomanry ( Westminster Dragoons) , The 2nd King Edward's Own Gurkha Rifles ( The Sirmoor Rifles), and, although not stictly Army, The Royal Marines.
    Thanks to KarlS for the photography,

BobSLets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Hi Bob, Some cracking caps there if I may say so. Thank you for showing them

Regards and best wishes Michael R

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast