Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Article about: Hi, This thread is in conjuction and in support of the excellent thread covering Service Dress caps started by Nigel. Please feel free to view, show and chat about British Army Officer's Dre

Hi Bob, Thanks for your message and comment re the RAOC cap. The RAOC did indeed where what I would describe as a "Royals" cap with a red band and RAOC buttons up to the amalagmations. However, there is a bell clangging in my head saying that they ammended their cap style many years back? The cap in the picture has very early style RAOC brass buttons with King's Crowns and look contemporary with the cap. I have some dress regs but despight a search, I have failed to locate so some further investigation is needed. If I get anywhere, I'll post you again.
    Cheers for now Michael R

- - ------- - -

Hi Matthew, Thank you for your input and photos.
    Regards Michael R

Hi All, A few more number 1 caps to view.
    Cheers MR

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

The caps are:

1. Queens Regiment JO.
    2. Inteligence Corps JO QC.
    3. South Nottinghamshire Hussars.
    4. Royal Engineers RE JO KC.
    5. Ditto variation.
    6. Ditto variation.
    7. Ditto variation.

Hi All, Some more dress caps to view and comment on if you wish. Regards MR

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Would it be possible to see the makers marks and the underside of these caps you have shown Michael? It would be good to see the evolution of the underside and the MM's with approximate dates if only from the cap badges/buttons as to pre or post 1953.

With the added information this thread would be worthy of being pinned IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The caps are worn by both substantive Colonels and Brigadiers only other than the cap with silver visor embelishment which would have been worn by a Deputy Lord Lieutenant of an English county. I am showing similar caps in order to show the kind of variations that are encountered on caps which in theory should all be identical other than the cap device which can bear one of three crowns, Victoria, King's or Queen's.
    Cheers again MR

Hi Jerry, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, the only reason that I have not done so is that I do not wanted to over play the thread but I am more than happy to if you wish. A shame you did not mention it earlier as to do so will now mean some duplication of items already posted. However, at the risk of boring anyone, I am happy to do so. Or alternatively, I could just show the cap liners and cross refer them to the "Post" serial number?? Please let me know your opinion.
    Cheers Michael R

Hi Michael,

If can do this it would be greatly appreciated. I realise that it would have been been easier if done from the start. Which ever way is easier for you would be fine, but in case you had not known as a pink member you can edit your posts so you should be ably to add the undersides and MM's to them that you have already posted.

If you have multiple examples by the same maker with the same underside and date range, you could skip them perhaps if that makes it easier for you.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Additional detail reference the Senior Officer's caps above.

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Cap Number:

1. Early Post 53 cap by Moss Bross with QC device and brass buttons. Early style leather visor and chin strap circa eary/mid 1950s.
    2. Early Post 53 cap by Alkit with QC device and brass buttons. Early style leather visor and chin strap circa mid 1950s.
    3. Early Post 53 cap by Herbert johnson with QC device and brass buttons. Early style leather visor and plasic chin strap circa 1950/60s.
    4. Post 53 cap by Moss Bros with QC device and silver brass buttons. Early style leather visor and plasic chin strap circa 1950/60s.
    5. Post 53 cap by Gieves with QC device and Anodised Aluminium (AA) buttons. Later style leather visor and chin strap circa 1970s.
    6. Pre 53 cap by Lincoln Bennett with KC device and brass buttons. Early style leather visor and chin strap circa 1940s, possibly WWII.
    7. Pre 53 cap by Moss Bross with KC device and brass GVR buttons. Early style leather visor and chin strap circa 1930s and WWII.
    8. Post 53 Canadian cap by William Scully with QC device and Anodised Aluminium (AA) regimental buttons. Later style leather visor and chin strap circa 1970/80s. The cap device is of lesser quality and under size as is the visor embelishment.
    Please note, all dates are "in my opinion" and are therefore open to error and correction if anyone knows better. If so, please let me know.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast