Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Article about: Hi, This thread is in conjuction and in support of the excellent thread covering Service Dress caps started by Nigel. Please feel free to view, show and chat about British Army Officer's Dre

The berets are:

1. RAMC Officer's beret in very dark blue with badge on a dull cherry backing patch.
    2. General Officer's beret in mid green with badge.
    3. General Officer's beret in tan with badge on a tartan backing patch.
    4. General Officer's beret in dark green with badge.
    5. SO's beret in very dark blue with badge.

?

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!An other ranks trio; Irish Guards, Royal Irish Hussars, and 15th/19th Hussars.

BobS

?

Wow! Fantastic thread. Some great caps here and what a varied selection!
    Is the Chaplain's cap with the gold band, the one on Wiki?

?

Default A few caps

Here are a few of my Dress caps, as you can see from the Worcestershire Regiment and later.

1# Queens Own Worcestershire Hussars.
    2# Worcestershire Regiment, 1916.
    3# Worcestershire Regiment, 1920s.
    4# Worcestershire & Sherwood Foresters Regiment, 1980s.
    5# 2nd Mercian, 2000s.

Hope you like them,

Oli
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

I picked these two up yesterday on the way home from work. The seller is one in a small antiques center that is too far to visit casually, but as I was passing.

Shropshire Yeomanry, Kings crown buttons, and Queens crown bullion badge. The cap is a Herbert Johnson marked to the Late George VI, so must date to sometime between 52 and not long after, though they could have continued to fit the buttons post 53, but probably not for long. The Bullion badge looks to have been replaced, so perhaps he upgraded to the Queens crown but did not change the buttons.

Also a South Staffordshire Regiment, an Alkit with Kings crown buttons and a Silver (plated) & gilt badge by JR Gaunt, nicely marked to the maker and with a P for plated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!   Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by BobS View Post
    I believe the only units that wear a beret with dress uniform are the Parachute Regiment, Royal Tank Regiment, and the Army Air Corps, so those would be appropriate, IMHO.BobS
    Quote by Tango View Post
    Bobs & you missed out an upstanding regiment the Special Air Service wear berets only too..
    Quote by BobS View Post
    Yes, I forgot about the SAS! I guess that they only wore peaked caps for QE II's coronation back in 1953?
    I remember one was on sale on Ebay a little while ago.
    Don't know about the SAS one but, in a similar vein (ie despite them normally wearing berets), at least one Army Air Corps Forage Cap has inexplicably been produced - I remember the heated 'discussion' when the purchaser appeared in newspaper photos!

Wearing berets with Service Dress, No1 Dress & even Mess Dress (very occasionally) also applies to 'Attached Arms' (ie other capbadge personnel serving as part of the Battalion / Regiment or appropriate Formation) too.

Not enough REME shown in here so far - so here are my SD & Forage Caps + berets demonstrating this

Front L-R: Army Air Corps REME Workshop officer's beret; 16 Air Assault Brigade REME officer's beret (badge is actually incorrect as should have matching maroon background); Aussie slouch hat (not British of course but it is RAEME & they wear it with SD equivalent)

Rear L-R: SD Cap; REME junior Officer's Forage Cap; REME Field Officer's Forage Cap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!  
    Last edited by brickie501; 01-25-2014 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Extra info

?

Very nice Jerry!

I have an Alkit with very similar lining to that one.

CBH
    ?

Here is a couple of Officers pieces , Hat and Beret . Both belonged to the same lieutenant - colonel . Just got them yesterday . So they are still in as found condition . The hat has the two piece hat brass ( turning wheel ) . I hope you like them .
    Cheers Chris

?

Very nice Chris!
    Looks like a late war cap to me.

CBH
    ?

Glad you like it , it was a great find . I have his whole set of uniforms , with officer boots . I'll be posting them once I have them cleaned up .
    Cheers

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast