Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Looking for AIF slouch hat

Article about: Doug, try to ask around on this forum: Militarianz

?

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Ive been looking for a 1915 Slouchy for the last 10 years and haven't even seen one..My great uncle was Camel Corp and Light horse before dying in France with the AIF..
    Attachment 704811
    That's a great badge and a great story about your great uncle. Yup these are a hard item to find and may never happen but one can enjoy the search at least! :-)

Mate i wish you luck..If you do get one, it'll be in good hands...The Camel corp badges are also extremely sort after, i got that pic off the web..I had an original when i was a kid with a 1915 Slouch hat that was stolen buy a guy who asked if he could display it for a show (might point out i was about 7)...My G Uncle was also an Indigenous Australian (wasnt even considered Human at that time, came under the flora and fauna act, and was technically unable to join) He enlisted under 3 different names from 1915-1918 before dying in August 1918..buried at Harbonniers in France. I visited his grave last year, and im doing research for a book about him atm

?

Looking for AIF slouch hatLooking for AIF slouch hatLooking for AIF slouch hatLooking for AIF slouch hatLooking for AIF slouch hatLooking for AIF slouch hatLooking for AIF slouch hat

Doug, Here is the mint Gor-blimy with 58th capbadge, also the same Soldiers Summer cap, on that you can see where he sewed on a 58th badge
    The photo is of him before he left Canada, it is a copy as the family would not sell the original, I also have his MINT 1917 Tunic that he wore home, never had insignia on it, as well I have one of his putties, all came from the family, I have his service records on CD

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

?

Very nice Dean! Lovely badge as well, I've got an example of that one as well.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Thanks guys for your help. I sort of gravitate to the rare and expensive much to the chagrin of my savings account LOL. That said this is to compliment a very historical piece that is pretty much in Holy Grail territory to ANZAC or Gallipoli collectors and historians of the battle itself, right out of the woodwork here in Western Canada if that can be believed. If the right slouch hat comes about, or even a piece of headgear to the 3rd FA price would be no object. I would even settle for an AIF cap badge to tide me over.

I am also looking for someone in your great country that can assist me in the research of a soldier and officer of the 3rd FA AIF, in Canada you can pull the files of soldiers, can you do that there?
    Search WW1 here - Search the First World War Nominal Roll | Australian War Memorial
    Search WW2 here - World War Two Nominal Roll

?

Got it already but thanks Rene!

indeed a rare find. last WW1 slouchy i saw on eBay Australia went for over $10000

Okie

Hi Doug,

I have my family's !890's Australian Slouch Hat, being worn by the Victorian Rangers and Victorian Mounted Rifles, carried thru and worn during the Anglo-Boer War conflict of 1899-1901.

If you like , I can discuss this as being reserved for you in the future.

Re: Great Grand Father's (mum's side) Australian Boer War

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast