Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luxenberg Officers Cap

Article about: I finally found one, its is about a 7 5/8 - 8 in size !!!!! and its in excellent condition. From what i have researched this a popular mfg. It took me a while to find one that would fit me a

Default Luxenberg Officers Cap

I finally found one, its is about a 7 5/8 - 8 in size !!!!! and its in excellent condition. From what i have researched this a popular mfg. It took me a while to find one that would fit me and I was looking for an EM but this has to be the best visor in my collection and I am happy with it
    Luxenberg Officers Cap
    Luxenberg Officers Cap
    Luxenberg Officers Cap
    Luxenberg Officers Cap
    Luxenberg Officers Cap
    Now I need to get an 8th AAF Officers Uniform ...

Default Re: Luxenberg Officers Cap

Very nice cap - 'Luxenberg' is THE top-of-the-line insignia/uniform maker.
    The Officer badge alone will be worth more than any others.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

With the size and maker Id almost like to see some of the numbers it would bring on fee bay, but this hat is never leaving my possession!!! lol

?

Very nice cap; it must have taken quite a while to find that size! Is the sweatband stiching loose? That seems to be the case with almost all of these WWII era caps; I have one and the sweatband is totally seperated from the cap.

BobS

The stitching is loose by the overlap in the back of the cap otherwise it is pretty good. Any thoughts on what I should do to preserve it ? Pin it or possibly re-stitch?

?

The best there is.

?

I would carefully restitch the sweatband with proper cotton thread of the same colour taking care not to pull on the thread too hard as you might slice through the leather

Just out of curiosity, why is it important that it Fit you? Certainly, you don't plan to actually wear such a cap about?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I plan on wearing it sometimes during living histories especially for my AAF events (to honor my great grandfather). I do not plan on putting everyday ware on it but to me if its just stored on a shelf in someones closet it is not preserving and teaching history it is hiding it. Some Items I wouldn't use because of their condition but I see no harm it using it if done properly.