Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My british Side cap

Article about: This was given to me by my grandma her dad fought in the first world war and was in the home guard in the second world war this is apparently his side cap from the home guard the ink stamp p

Default My british Side cap

This was given to me by my grandma her dad fought in the first world war and was in the home guard in the second world war this is apparently his side cap from the home guard the ink stamp part you cant see is 243 and a w in front of the broad arrow

Cool cap to have. The letter above the arrow mark is the date. I can't quite see if it is an O or a Q, O=1942 and Q=1940.

The W in front of the arrow is part of WD for war department, the numbers below are a makers or inspectors code.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

thanks its a Q

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    thanks its a Q
    1940 then, a nice early issue example. Do you know which area he served in, as the HG wore the cap badge of their local county regiment.
    Regards,

Jerry

no but il ask my grandma next time i see her i know in ww1 he was a sapper in the royal engineers i have 2 of his ww1 medals and his prayer book that he acquired in the trenches its the oldest thing i own the prayer book dated 1871

I found out he was in the Sherwood Foresters the Notts and Derbys 10th battalion

I found out he was in the Sherwood Foresters the Notts and Derbys 10th battalion
    Glad you could find out, I assume that is the 10th HG Bn? They would have worn the standard Sherwood cap badge as far as I am aware which should be easy to get if you don't have the original badge and want to replace it.
    Regards,

Jerry

I just found an original for £11.80p

I just found an original for £11.80p
    Cool, that sounds about right, show us some pics when you have if you will?
    Regards,

Jerry

k IL show you some pics when it arrives at the moment i have a Queen Elizabeth II royal engineers cap badge but i`m trying to make it look like it would

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast