Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

My US Visor Cap Collection

Article about: VN Era or later Officers Field Visor manufactured by Louisville Cap Corp.

?

Latest addition, Pre-WWII (circa 1937-38), EM Army Artillery Dress Blue Visor.

?

Very nice. I would guess that these type of caps are rather rare these days.

BobS

?

Thanks, BobS. From my cursory research, I believe they are. One, the pre-WWII dress blues were short lived (1938-1941). Second, I do not believe it was a requirement for Enlisted Men to wear Army Dress Blues during that period (Only commissioned officer's). All would have been private purchase as a result.

To be honest, when I initially saw the visor, I thought it was the M1902, however the wider crown is a dead giveaway that it's not. I believe it's based on the model, however.

Hi Eric, Nice thread with some very nice visors on display. Congratulations on this thread. I have no wish to encroach so I will start another thread on US visors to comlement yours and together we can show a range of US headdress if you agree. I intend to call the thread "Some More US Visors"
    Cheers Michael Ryan.

?

Here's the latest addition. M1902 EM Artillery Visor.

Looks good next to it's 1930's counterpart...

Hi, Thank you for posting the photos of your Artillery visors. I realy like early US Military caps and headdress but have resisted branching out into collecting them for several reasons not the least of which is expense followed by space for display. Not wishing to brag but I have circa 2500 caps and under the threat of devorce, I dare not start any new collections. However, when all is said, I do enjoy, as I imagine most collectors of headdress do, viewing other collections and classy visors like yours.
    Thank you once again for showing and please consider showing more?????
    With regards and best wishes Michael R

?

Thanks for the kind words, Michael! My collection pales in comparison to yours in both quality and quantity. I've enjoyed viewing the examples you've posted and look forward to seeing more.

Sadly, this is the extent of my collection!

Hi, Thank you. God willing, I will continue to show my items of headdress so long as there are genuine people out there like you who are interested in seeing them. From a collecting view point, I can admire most collections be they huge or only a couple of items. It is the enthusiasm and diligence of the collector that is most important in my mind and not necessarily the size of the collection. Anyone with money can put together a collection but when you have to work at it and plan it and chase it, then it becomes a labour of love and it shows!! Thats it, I will get off my soap box now and shut up!!
    Thank you once again and happy hunting Regards MR

?

A couple new additions. Both are WWII era ANC caps, named to a Flight Nurse. More info on the grouping here:

Wife & Husband WWII Grouping - ANC Flight Nurse & 15th AAF

OD Service Cap

Summer Service Cap

Hi Eric, Once again I have gone right through your thread and once again I have found it most impressive!!!!! Although I have resisted venturing too far into distant past, I would dearly like your white summer Service Dress cap (Lt Thompson). I have a leaning toward white caps??? You have a magnificent collection covering a wide range of period US Military caps. Congratulations!!! I am also impressed by the other collections shown on your thread!!! Happy hunting
    Regards and best wishes Michael R
    PS I am going to add some more caps to the USAF thread if you are interested.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6