Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Book on British Officer's caps

Article about: I just recieved today Olivier Dorrell's " British Officer's Caps of the Second World War", and am much impressed. Published by Schiffer Books, it's a large format, roughly 9"

?

Default New Book on British Officer's caps

I just recieved today Olivier Dorrell's " British Officer's Caps of the Second World War", and am much impressed. Published by Schiffer Books, it's a large format, roughly 9" X 13" book, with all illustrations, save a few black & white wartime photos, in high quality color. It totals 176 pages.
    The book covers Royal Navy, Army, and RAF caps, along with some coverage on Commonwealth caps, and also postwar examples. Details on cap construction & materials are quite thorough, along with a comprehensive list of capmakers.
    There is a good glossary and bibliography as well.
    The author is to be congratulated on this fine, and long overdue work.
    Anyone with an interest in collecting this headgear needs to have this book in their library. Highly reccommended.

BobS

Thanks for the heads up on Oli's book as I expected it to be good, going from his posts here and on another forum. It is on my to buy list ASAP.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Regards,

Jerry

My copy arrived today and it is brilliant, a must have for any cap collectors. Gives details on construction techniques, pre and post WWII caps, a potted history of caps, information on dating caps, it also covers RAF, RN, other Commonwealth countries caps, etc...etc... Only had a quick look so far, but well done Oli for producing this great book.
    Regards,

Jerry