Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

New Zealand service dress cap, WW2.

Article about: Photos of my grandfathers service dress cap he wore during WW2. "Jock" Ivers, Warrant Officer Class 1, New Zealand Army. Cap made by Kaiapoi hats in New Zealand about 1941

Default New Zealand service dress cap, WW2.

Photos of my grandfathers service dress cap he wore during WW2. "Jock" Ivers, Warrant Officer Class 1, New Zealand Army.

New Zealand service dress cap, WW2.New Zealand service dress cap, WW2.New Zealand service dress cap, WW2.New Zealand service dress cap, WW2.New Zealand service dress cap, WW2.New Zealand service dress cap, WW2.

Cap made by Kaiapoi hats in New Zealand about 1941

Very nice rare cap there- plus from the family!!! cheers for showing!

Very cool cap to have, family too. I see it has red air vents such as is seen on aussie made headgear. Interesting that kiwi made caps used the same vents.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Really cool cap you have there.

May I ask if possible? to see a close up of a button on this most fine cap please?

This is the best I can do with my camera. The bakelite button shows the four stars of the Southern Cross and around the edge "NEW ZEALAND FORCES"

Thank you Anderson shame as I haven't seen one before

That's an extremely nice cap to have in your family. Classy shape, great condition and some history to go with it. Like most people, I naturally associate ANZAC troops with their own distinctive headgear, so it's actually a surprise to remember they also wore standard service dress and field service caps.

Matthew

?

What an excellent piece of family militaria to have.
    Add to it the photo of your GF wearing it.
    Priceless!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

A period photo of more capped heads.

My grandfather appears second from left, back row. In the 1930's he was in the Territorial Force and called up the day before war was declared on Germany. He was to join the training staff of the 35th Battalion before embarkation to the Pacific. Most of the staff pictured are "Temporary staff" drawn from the Territorials, and probably all WW1 veterans. The Temporary staff are seen wearing a brass fern leaf badge on caps and collars. When embarkation for overseas these were replaced with the "Onward" universal cap badge.