Become our sponsor and display your banner here

newbi has a question!

Article about: Hi i just recently bought a drill sergeants hat and i dont know if its ww2? I NEED HELP!! if some one can give me a little history behind something like this the time era and a general value

Unhappy newbi has a question!

Hi i just recently bought a drill sergeants hat and i dont know if its ww2? I NEED HELP!! if some one can give me a little history behind something like this the time era and a general value that would be great thanks! (Im 15 and im getting into the hobby)
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Default Re: newbi has a question!

I am almost positive that it is not from WW2 due to several reasons. I don't recall hats similar to this one being worn as early as the Second World War, it doesn't look like it's from the period, and I'm pretty sure that present day drill sergeants wear hats identical to this.

Regards,
    Finn

Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    I am almost positive that it is not from WW2 due to several reasons. I don't recall hats similar to this one being worn as early as the Second World War, it doesn't look like it's from the period, and I'm pretty sure that present day drill sergeants wear hats identical to this.

Regards,
    Finn
    I would agree,I do not know what period but it is post ww2.

ok thanks for the help i guess i got beat on that one. - nick k

?

WWII military campaign hats usually have a date on the sweat band somewhere.
    Steve

theres no date but thanks for the help at least i still have a receipt! lol - nick k