Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

not sure if this is the right forum...Ship tally

Article about: What do you guys think..?

Default not sure if this is the right forum...Ship tally

What do you guys think..?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture not sure if this is the right forum...Ship tally   not sure if this is the right forum...Ship tally  

ILH
    ?

Default Re: not sure if this is the right forum...Ship tally

I don't know my ars* from my elbow with navy stuff, BUT if that HMS HOOD one is real (nice fading so I'd take a gamble) then I am well jealous- what a blinding find, thanks for sharing!
    jim.

I haven't been too lucky with the TR stuff...so maybe I got lucky with the Commonwealth.

?

You have to Remember many British and Canadian used the same name as new ones replaced older ones..I don't know if this is true for the HMS Hood..however that is an older Tally and looks good to me..I have seen many from the 50s and 60s..this one is very differant.

Dean

Hi there, the HOOD tally is fine. There was another Hood previous to the more famous one (sunk in portland harbour as block ship), so there are tallies available. The full stop indicates a tally before ww2. The Hoods were big ships so lost of personnel, and thereore tallies. Although Hood being infamous has a certain cachet.

Don't forget HMS and HMCS and ships designation, so wouldn't be same tally. No other ship named HOOD since the ww2 one being sunk.

I believe, even the famous Hood, was in service for a while (1920?-1941), so I am thinking that there was a lot of sailors and tallies. Yes it is interesting, but had I gotten it right from Ted Briggs, it would be another story.