Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this Cap please

Article about: Hi This has come my way via a friend to try and authentificate but it is not field grey I am Well out of my depth on this one, please can some one point a novice in this field in the right d

Default Opinions on this Cap please

Hi

This has come my way via a friend to try and authentificate but it is not field grey I am Well out of my depth on this one, please can some one point a novice in this field in the right direction.......................

Need to confirm/know if it is before 1945 basically ! looks ok to the untrained eye but hell, what do I know !

The cap badge shows a well travelled canadian by the look of things as the label indicates it was made in India and the cap is in Brazil !

Many thanks in advance,

confused of Canterbury.

Opinions on this Cap pleaseOpinions on this Cap pleaseOpinions on this Cap please

As it is made in India, I assume it would date to before the partition, certainly looks WWII period, the shape of the peak suggest an early example, but the cloth covering beneath suggest mid war, however you cannot apply the same standards to Indian made examples as you would to British made versions, but also as all are privately tailored, it is hard to apply universal standards to any of them. A nice cap though a shame about the condition and I would be happy to say it is pre 1945.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi

Thanks Jerry, good news indeed, I shall let the "boys in Brazil" Know, original stuff doesn't often turn up in the markets their, they tend to import it.

best wishes

Tony