MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

other ranks forage cap circa 1930's

Article about: An example, with GS buttons and missing its badge. The seller had it as RA which it could be and the makers were based near the arsenal and were known to supply to that corps so I have added

Default other ranks forage cap circa 1930's

An example, with GS buttons and missing its badge.

The seller had it as RA which it could be and the makers were based near the arsenal and were known to supply to that corps so I have added one pic with an RA badge on it, but it could also be RMA Sandhurst, RM College, Life Guards, and any of the Fusiliers, Kings or Royal regiments of line infantry. This would include the Royal fusiliers, the Royal Welch fusiliers, the Royal Regiment of Wales and others. I have badges for some of these options and I will take some different pictures of them in place. Without knowing for certain, I will probably badge it to the RWF unless evidence is found to show that would be incorrect.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture other ranks forage cap circa 1930's   other ranks forage cap circa 1930's  

other ranks forage cap circa 1930's   other ranks forage cap circa 1930's  

other ranks forage cap circa 1930's  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I fond a pre WWI image showing the RWF did use the forage cap of this pattern, though interestingly the artist has painted it slightly incorrectly and has missed out the crown piping.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture other ranks forage cap circa 1930's  
    Regards,

Jerry

Very nice Jerry I have a cap similar to this, it is also with out a cap badge but mine is missing the chinstrap and buttons to hold the chinstrap. Just a question how do you work out the date to these?

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Very nice Jerry I have a cap similar to this, it is also with out a cap badge but mine is missing the chinstrap and buttons to hold the chinstrap. Just a question how do you work out the date to these?
    Details of the construction, fabric used, size, shape and material of the peak, the shape of the cap, size and maker markings if any etc. Post some good pics if you can and it should be able to give you some idea.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Details of the construction, fabric used, size, shape and material of the peak, the shape of the cap, size and maker markings if any etc. Post some good pics if you can and it should be able to give you some idea.
    Thanks, I will go get some pics then. Should I post in in a different thread?

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Thanks, I will go get some pics then. Should I post in in a different thread?
    Yes, best to start your own thread on it Matt.
    Regards,

Jerry