Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

post war kangol beret

Article about: picked up today at my local antique centre a post ww2 black kangol beret, it has a 2 piece royal signals badge (stay bright) attached by a split plin to a sewn on square, back of the square

jwp
    ?

Default post war kangol beret

picked up today at my local antique centre a post ww2 black kangol beret, it has a 2 piece royal signals badge (stay bright) attached by a split plin to a sewn on square, back of the square has a clear plastic type material, there are no vents, lining is black, the details inside are within a broken edge diamond design as follows : top mark rubbed away (possibly size ?) below are : CF.8405-99-976-?2?8, Kangol wear limited, CT3B/348, my thoughts were possibly a 1980s issue ?, paid £6 so a cheap addition to collection, as per usual for me will take some pics during daylight tomorrow !!!!!, any thought meanwhile much appreciated,
    kind regards,
    John.
    Last edited by jwp; 12-28-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Hi John, I am wondering if it is actually Midnight Blue and not black?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi John, I am wondering if it is actually Midnight Blue and not black?

Cheers, Ade.
    That is more likely, but without pics? Still not a bad pick up for the money with the badge.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

jwp
    ?

Hi Ade,
    yes I think you may be correct, sorry just returned home after meeting my daughter for lunch so will do the pics in the light Tomorrow,
    the backing square for the badge does appear to be green,and yes the beret may be a dark blue rather than black, sorry family commitments get in the way sometimes, ! Just aside I gave my daughter a Princess mary tin as one of her presents this year, I thought she would think the old man had lost the plot !!!, she loved it !!, a chip off the old block maybe !, All the best for 2014 Ade to you and your family and many thanks for the invaluable help you and all the great people on here have given me in my short time here, much appreciated,
    kind regards,
    John.

jwp
    ?

Sorry Jerry,missed your post, Slow typer !!, pics will follow tomorrow,

all the best,
    John.

jwp
    ?

Here are some pics, sorry for the quality, nearly 10.30 and still quite a dark post war kangol beretpost war kangol beretpost war kangol beretpost war kangol beretpost war kangol beretand stormy day here !

jwp
    ?

just bumping this thread back up as have attached the pics, your opinions welcomed !,
    kind regards,
    John.

?

A lot of signal cadet units were issued with black berets by mistake, and they were replaced, but I think your one looks to have a dark blue tint to it, not a bad price, definitely 80 s-90s issue

jwp
    ?

Quote by davejb View Post
    A lot of signal cadet units were issued with black berets by mistake, and they were replaced, but I think your one looks to have a dark blue tint to it, not a bad price, definitely 80 s-90s issue
    Thanks Dave, I had wondered if it may have been for a cadet as it seems a very small size,
    cheers,
    John.