Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post War Royal Army Transport Corps Officer's Cap

Article about: Hi all. Picked this up from a vintage clothes shop today. I like it mainly for the enamel cap badge which I thought was unusual. I assume the cap itself is post war, although I suppose it co

Default Post War Royal Army Transport Corps Officer's Cap

Hi all. Picked this up from a vintage clothes shop today. I like it mainly for the enamel cap badge which I thought was unusual. I assume the cap itself is post war, although I suppose it could possibly be a wartime cap with a post- war badge. Anyway, its the first British army officers cap I have purchased and am quite happy with it. Thanks for taking a look.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post War Royal Army Transport Corps Officer's Cap   Post War Royal Army Transport Corps Officer's Cap  

Post War Royal Army Transport Corps Officer's Cap  

Default Re: Post War Royal Army Transport Corps Officer's Cap

Cool cap and probably a WWII issue from the liner and must have been rebadged post 1953. Strangely enough I bought a SD cap today as well, though that makes 7 I have.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Darn it! I have some catching up to do then! They had the uniform that they were selling seperatly, tailor made by Burberry..... but they wanted £250 for it, which I begrudge paying for a post- war uniform personally. So I just relieved them of the cap

The price for the uniform is way over the top IMHO, even a war time uniform unless it was very special would be a fraction of that price. All officers uniforms except BD's were privately tailored, I have 9 of them, even the BD's were often tailored with open collars from OR's versions or might be tailor made from the ground up.
    Regards,

Jerry

Thats what I thought. I think they dropped the ball with the cap though as it was marked up at £8. When I got to the till the woman said "Hmmmm, that seems obscenely cheap", I just thought, "not my problem", handed over the cash and scarpered lol

Bargain at £8, some good karma going on IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Can you show a good pic of the buttons as they look to be regimental type for the Devons or Coldstream Guards or ? Having regimental buttons makes it even more of a bargain IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Bargain! Can we see a photo of the side button. I am leaning towards the cap being postwar rather than wartime. Can you make out the text below the Royal coat of arms?

Oli

Hi Guys. As requested, a couple of pics of the side buttons, just a crown within a star. Oli, the text below the coat of arms on the cap badge reads Royal Corps of Transport. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post War Royal Army Transport Corps Officer's Cap   Post War Royal Army Transport Corps Officer's Cap  

Buttons are indeed post 1953 Transport corps, and I notice it is made by Herbert Johnson. I have two by this maker, one wartime and another which I am sure is also wartime with what looks to be the same liner and version of the makers logo as yours which says "by appointment, hatters to HM the King", so try and read what the logo says IMO for dating. Mine has Kings crown RA buttons and came with his uniform which is all dated 1941.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast