Become our sponsor and display your banner here

RAF Peaked Cap Question?????????

Article about: Hi all, i have an RAF WW2 peaked cap and wanted to do a display, i was wondering would an officer wear a peaked cap in the aircraft and if so would they have worn it with a headset much like

Default RAF Peaked Cap Question?????????

Hi all, i have an RAF WW2 peaked cap and wanted to do a display, i was wondering would an officer wear a peaked cap in the aircraft and if so would they have worn it with a headset much like those worn by USAAF pilots?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Cheers

Harry

Never seen any photographic evidence ! but then again! cheers paul

yeah me neither, only flying helmets, the USAAF caps are usually the crusher type and i have never seen a crusher RAF cap. I thought a cap and headset would display well but i want it to be historically accurate.

Cheers
    Harry

Hi Harry, not sure on this one. But as I understand didn't the yanks used to wear throat mike's with headsets, allowing them to wear their crusher cap's and the British wear the 'B' or 'C' type leather helmet with the mike and earphones incorporated in them. It's just an observation I have made during my years in collecting. But then again I have a pilot's officers cap that came with providence, with a photo of him in the seat of a 'Lanc', with his cap on, but you can see he has a throat mike. But I do not know if this person is British or Canadian. So I suppose this still doesn't answer your question. but hope it gives you some idea. Steve.
    Quilly58

Thanks for the comments guys, i have heard of USAAF and RAF equipment being used together. I suppose it would be safe to assume that it may have happened however it would be unlikely and not standard issue. I should probably play if safe and get a type C flying helmet.

Cheers
    Harry