Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

RAF sidecaps

Article about: I have just picked up a number of RAF items of which I know nothing as German kit is my area of interest. The 2 sidecaps look to be in good order although one has a minor moth nip. They are

Default RAF sidecaps

I have just picked up a number of RAF items of which I know nothing as German kit is my area of interest. The 2 sidecaps look to be in good order although one has a minor moth nip. They are both slightly heavier than others I have seen and almost feel waterproof if that makes sense. Its also possible to see where the wings were once attached but have long since been removed. Can anyone tell me if they are of WW.2 origin or not. I will be moving them on but I would at least like to know so no mistakes are made. Any help is much appreciated.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF sidecaps   RAF sidecaps  

RAF sidecaps   RAF sidecaps  

Nice wartime Officers quality caps.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Only "K R Pickersgill", who is listed in the AIR78 files at Kew (index of RAF airmen and women, 1918-1975) is Kenneth Roger Pickersgill (1473811). No sign of him in the London Gazette, so seems to have remained an NCO during his service.

Cheers,

Tom

Once again, thanks for that.
    D

Here's my officers I found in South Africa, shows the insignia for you.