Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a real general service cap?

Article about: Looking at this auction, I need one of these caps. I don't see anyplace for the badge, and the stitches around the vent holes looks like it wasn't done when the cap was made. Any thoughts or

Default Is this a real general service cap?

Looking at this auction, I need one of these caps. I don't see anyplace for the badge, and the stitches around the vent holes looks like it wasn't done when the cap was made. Any thoughts or comments greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and help.
    Paul

Is this a real general service cap?Is this a real general service cap?Is this a real general service cap?Is this a real general service cap?Is this a real general service cap?Is this a real general service cap?Is this a real general service cap?Is this a real general service cap?Is this a real general service cap?

Default Re: Is this a real general service cap?

It's a real British beret and looks unissued

Thank you Rene, I wasn't sure about the stitching. Did they have to make their own cuts in the cap to put the badge on? Or are the slits just not showing due to the cahnce of a badge never having been put on this one?

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    Thank you Rene, I wasn't sure about the stitching. Did they have to make their own cuts in the cap to put the badge on? Or are the slits just not showing due to the cahnce of a badge never having been put on this one?
    I agree with Rene, it's an original unissued khaki beret. Yes, they had to make their own cuts for the badge. Sometimes berets and GS Caps had a piece of stitching to indicate where the badge should go, but often not.

Rob

No worries Paul
    on one of my Canadian berets I had to make the slits my self so I guess this would be the case with this one

And these sometimes have bullion insignia instead of a metal badge. Nice beret.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you Rob and Bond, thank you again Rene. I need something to hang my Somerset LI badge on, and was going for later in the war since most of the items I've found so far have been dated so late. Only 6 days to go on the auction, I got my fingers crossed.