Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rear Admiral Slote and Klein Leather Flight Cap WWII

Article about: Gents, Here is another recent acquisition. It is a US WWII USN Rear Admiral Flight Cap. Unfortunately there is no name associated with the piece to attribute it to anyone specific. However,

Default Rear Admiral Slote and Klein Leather Flight Cap WWII

Gents,

Here is another recent acquisition. It is a US WWII USN Rear Admiral Flight Cap. Unfortunately there is no name associated with the piece to attribute it to anyone specific. However, given the rank a neat piece for my collection. It is in very good condition and the interior leather is supple and the chin strap is still functional as well.

My first WWII flight cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rear Admiral Slote and Klein Leather Flight Cap WWII   Rear Admiral Slote and Klein Leather Flight Cap WWII  

Rear Admiral Slote and Klein Leather Flight Cap WWII   Rear Admiral Slote and Klein Leather Flight Cap WWII  

Rear Admiral Slote and Klein Leather Flight Cap WWII  

?

Nice flight helmet but I would take the stars on it with a grain of salt

RH1941,

I thank you for your comments. I don't have any provenance whatsoever to validate the stars. I know the old saying goes, "a picture can tell a thousand words.." the stars do look as though they have been on this piece for quite some time. Still does not prove that they are from the era of the Cap. The good news is that I got a good deal on the item and it displays well. Rear Admiral Slote and Klein Leather Flight Cap WWIIRear Admiral Slote and Klein Leather Flight Cap WWII

Regards,

Joel