Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

Article about: Hi, This is intended to be a sister thread to my thread on British Army Visor Caps. Like the Army thread, it is open to anyone who would like to comment on or show RAF uniform headdress or a

And today, a bit of variety.

C 501 Civilian employees regulation visor cap in grey with an anodised aluminium Queen's Crown cap badge.

AO 454 Issue quality Air Officers visor cap which is un named.

JO 334 All ranks beret worn by a Chaplain's Assistant. The badge is a standard Chaplain's collar badge as worn on other style headdress by Chaplain's Assistants.

JO 343 All ranks beret badged for wear by any officer up to the rank of Group Captain inclusive. The badge is a standard pattern Officer's FS Cap badge. Berets with this style badge were very popular among the V Bomber and Coastal Command crews however, today an officer would wear the miniature Officer's cap badge rather than the RAF Eagle and crown.

AO 484 One of the, if not the, rarest hats in my collection. This hat was owned and worn by the Matron in Chief and Director of Nursing Services (DRAFNS) of the PMRAFNS, Air Commandant Barbara Ducat-Amos who held the appointment from 1972 to 1979 and was only the twelth incumbent to hold the office. She was the last incumbant to hold the rank of Air Commandant with her successors holding standard RAF ranks and being either female or male officers. As DRAFNS she was also appointed Honourary Nursing Sister to HM Queen Elisabeth II

And some Warrant Officer's caps

WO 467 Cap pattern worn by WOs in the 1950/60s with gilt QC cap badge

WO 321 Current cap of special ceremonial pattern worn by WOs of the Queen's Colour Squadron of the RAF (QCS).

WO 323 Current cap worn by all WOs other than those belonging to the QCS. The significant differences are in the height of the crown, which with the QCS cap, is noticeably taller and an additional chinstrap with anodised buttons on the QCS cap.

WO 435 Current ceremonial cap worn by WO Band Masters of the Established Bands of the RAF. The cap details are listed in Post 60 and its badge is detailed in Post 72

?

Default My ww2 RAF , WAAF , RAAF caps

RAF officers caps with bullion and metal cap badges

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

?

RAF group captain cap named to a 'Gp Capt Hay' and Air rank cap named to 'Whitworth'

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

?

WAAF officers visor and side cap

?

RAAF officers cap, RAF officers cap Indian maker owned by 'Sq Ldr Butler DSO DFC , RAF officers cap named to Fl Lt Finn

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

Hi Mgn, Burst into the thread why don't you??????????????????????/ What a brilliant selection of very early RAF caps!! There isn't a cap there that I wouldn't buy tomorrow for my collection. Have you been collecting long and what else do you collect? If you have any more caps, RN, Army or RAF, please feel free to add them to this or whichever thread is relevant. The only addition that I would request, is a brief narative of each individual cap for the benefit of all us envious collectors and buffs?

With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael Ryan

No Ocad, I'm first in line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

Hi Michael,

Thankyou and I've been collecting around the 15 years mark. I'm a collector of WW2 British and German militaria mainly headdress, tunics and almost everything else I like. Also have a fair collection of ww1 prussian headdress and militaria. I do have a few more british caps in my collection which I will post tomorrow if you would like? Also what information would you like on the RAF caps?

Also I'm looking for another Air rank visor cap with Kings crown badge if anybody can help me with this? It's to finish off an air commodore tunic I have.

Many thanks

Hi Again, Thank you for your message and yes, please do post any of your caps!!" Like you, I too collect headdress, uniforms, insignia and flags oh, and edged weapons. My collection covers German, GB, US and Russiian but I have been known to stray into other fields like toys and pub jugs for instance. Sad realy!! All I have in the Imperial German field is a collection of medal bars however I did have some helmets but down loaded them some years back. I still have some Imperial swords and bayonets but that is about it. Most of my swords are on the German Edged Weapons Forum and are available to view.

With regard to descriptions etc, basically whatever interests you about a cap will certainly interest the rest of us. Where it came from, owners and any other snippets or detail etc. Also, questions or advice and corrections etc. Like the rest of humanity I make lots of mistakes and welcome corrections or discussion as do we all I believe.

Cheers again Michael

PS What part of the country are you from??

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast