Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

Article about: Hi, This is intended to be a sister thread to my thread on British Army Visor Caps. Like the Army thread, it is open to anyone who would like to comment on or show RAF uniform headdress or a

Sorry, but it is not BCATP, and there is no such thing definable as a BCATP cap other than some civilian staff. Civilian contract instructors for some schools had badges to their schools e.g. #10 EFTS or a generic Civilian instructors badge on their service dress cap, see here for an example - but these are rare BCATP/ #10 EFTS TUNIC & CAP TO USA PILOT IN RCAF-RARE!! (06/24/2007) . The white flash was in use in WW I to denote student pilots and reintroduced in WW II.

It a postwar ages 12-18 year old Air Cadet cap for a cadet taking a pilots course, likely gliders up to a light civil license and then they would wear cadet wings on their uniform. Are the buttons cadet too?the pic is too blurry to tell. BCATP aircrew students were fully attested service personnel in training for the duration of the WW II conflict. The white flash was worn on course for aviation students but the cap badge was the proper OR or Officer for whatever commonwealth force they were in.

[QUOTE=gbalke;1679906]This is my BCATP Cadet side cap with Cadet cap badge and the typical white flash. There are no markings inside of cap and it has black Bakelite buttons.

Quote by gbalke View Post
    This is my BCATP Cadet side cap with Cadet cap badge and the typical white flash. There are no markings inside of cap and it has black Bakelite buttons.

Attachment 1013714Attachment 1013715Attachment 1013716Attachment 1013717Attachment 1013718
    I'd love to see the rear of the buttons to see if similar to the Aust made ones? I have a Canadian made RAAF jacket with Aust buttons

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Rene, This cap (43 Queensland) appears to have a very unusual curtain, very narrow and a long chin strap?? Very nice though! The labels and markings on these caps make excellent reference points to aid fellow collectors etc.
    Cheers Michael
    I have a few more RAAF caps but these have the buttons removed and a near impossible endeavor to find a bunch to replace

Not a cap etc.. but I have to add in a NZ badge
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-28-2018 at 05:53 AM.

I hope you don't mine me adding some images.
    the first is a slouch hat.. I am not to shore on the date of this one has no liner.
    the owner of the helmet was a Australian RAAF air craft fitter served pacific 43 45.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets   Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets  

Hi asterperious, Thank you for your input and link. The whole idea of this and the Army thread is to not only show off our items but also to create a discussion between people like me with a very limited knowledge and those, like yourself, who can add considered and knowledgeable comment!! I do not even know what the initials of the organizations mentioned mean? Please educate me and any others with a similar lack of knowledge!!

Many thanks for your input.

Regards Michael R

Hi Rene, What buttons are you after? I can not help you with RAAF but I do have an abundance of RAF??

Cheers Michael

Hi Geelong, Many thanks for your input and photos, nice!! You, and anyone else for that matter, are more than welcome to add anything to either thread that you think is likely to be of interest and/or of relevance. This is an open thread!!!! So welcome!!

Cheers Michael

Hi Rene, Just for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

OR 382 Other Ranks Number 1 Dress cap of the Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF)

Again for Rene and sticking with our Colonial Brother and sisters::::::::::::::::::::::::

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast