Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Royal Artillery peaked cap wartime/postwar?

Article about: I've just spotted Matt's thread so most likely now know the answer,but I'm posting this anyway,has staybrite buttons,here it is thanks in advance...................

Default Royal Artillery peaked cap wartime/postwar?

I've just spotted Matt's thread so most likely now know the answer,but I'm posting this anyway,has staybrite buttons,here it is thanks in advance...................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Artillery peaked cap wartime/postwar?   Royal Artillery peaked cap wartime/postwar?  

Royal Artillery peaked cap wartime/postwar?   Royal Artillery peaked cap wartime/postwar?  

Royal Artillery peaked cap wartime/postwar?   Royal Artillery peaked cap wartime/postwar?  

Most likely mid 1950's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Circa 1953 to 1970
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thankyou guys,guess its always worth posting either ways............

Herbert Johnson Caps will usually have written above the logo, 'by appointment of the king', 'late king George VI' or 'the Queen' it is a good way to date weather wartime or postwar. Yours i see has Queen so post 53.

So the next question would be are wartime examples A-rare and B-costly..................

i would not say they were rare, about as rare as an officers service dress, i have purchased them from £30-£70+ depends on condition, regiment and size is a big factor, if the cap is a wearable size the price is always a lot more.

Thanks Harry,why were there heads so small in those days,I've never owned a mk2 Brodie that fits me,and yet it fits my 8 year old,how weird times have changed.....

well worth posting jake so thanks for doing so i have a similar example in my collection the other members have added great info so ive learned something new myself about the dating methods,cheers james

They often survive in the smaller or less commonly the larger sizes because they are less likely to continue in use as long as the average sizes which tend to get worn out. I rarely find any UK tunics or caps that fit me, most are too small, a few are too large, almost none are the correct size.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast