Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers Coloured FS cap

Article about: Arrived today, sadly moth damaged but it was cheap for what it is. Late 30's or WWII in date, going by the makers label from India.

?

Default Re: Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers Coloured FS cap

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Hi Bob,

I am working my way through the literature of the RWF, one of the best regiments in terms of literature. I have Sassoon and Robert Graves but I have yet to read them, though Dunn and Richards I'll have to get. I recently read That astonishing infantry, a history of the RWF by Michel Glover and up to Mametz & beyond by Llewellyn Wynn Griffiths, both edited by my neighbour, who was the last Colonel of the regiment and I am reading Dragon rampant by Donald Graves, an account of the RWF during the Napoleonic wars.
    I forgot to mention " That Astonishing Infantry", which I have, and read a few years ago. I strongly encourage you to get copies of Frank Richards' " Old Soldier Sahib" , which describes his pre-war service, and "Old Soldiers Never Die", which covers his WWI service.
    He was quite a character; awarded the DCM and MM in WWI, yet refused promotion, and served all the way through from 1914 to 1918.
    " The War the Infantry Knew" has to be one of the finest accounts I have read about WWI on the Western Front. Capt. Dunn was the battn. Medical Officer, but saw much action, and was awarded a DSO, having gained a DCM as a yeomanry trooper in the Boer War.

BobS

Default Re: Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers Coloured FS cap

Hi Bob,

I'll add these to my wanted list of books, thanks for the info on them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12