Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers Coloured FS cap

Article about: Arrived today, sadly moth damaged but it was cheap for what it is. Late 30's or WWII in date, going by the makers label from India.

Default Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers Coloured FS cap

Arrived today, sadly moth damaged but it was cheap for what it is. Late 30's or WWII in date, going by the makers label from India.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers Coloured FS cap  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Default Re: Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers Coloured FS cap

A nice pickup, from a fine old regiment, now sadly gone the way of amalgamation.
    I developed a real interest in the RWF after reading the books by Frank Richards, Robert Graves, and Siegfried Sassoon, along with "The War the Infantry Knew", by Capt.J.C. Dunn. All are essentially about the 2nd battalion in WWI.

BobS

Cool that it was made in India, the old empire, long since gone....................................

Quote by BobS View Post
    A nice pickup, from a fine old regiment, now sadly gone the way of amalgamation.
    I developed a real interest in the RWF after reading the books by Frank Richards, Robert Graves, and Siegfried Sassoon, along with "The War the Infantry Knew", by Capt.J.C. Dunn. All are essentially about the 2nd battalion in WWI.

BobS
    Hi Bob,

I am working my way through the literature of the RWF, one of the best regiments in terms of literature. I have Sassoon and Robert Graves but I have yet to read them, though Dunn and Richards I'll have to get. I recently read That astonishing infantry, a history of the RWF by Michel Glover and up to Mametz & beyond by Llewellyn Wynn Griffiths, both edited by my neighbour, who was the last Colonel of the regiment and I am reading Dragon rampant by Donald Graves, an account of the RWF during the Napoleonic wars.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Cool that it was made in India, the old empire, long since gone....................................
    Indeed Martin, the regiment was in the far east in the late 30's and then the 1st & 2nd battalions were very active against the Japanese during the war on the India/Burma border and at the battle of Kohima. I like that it still lists by appointment to the Prince of Wales who became Edward the VIII, so it might date from that less than 1 year period when he was King. I have seen a WWII label by this maker which only lists the Late King George the V.
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice cap, particularly like the bullion badge.
    As an aside, is this simply Artillery?

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers Coloured FS cap  Royal Welsh Fusiliers officers Coloured FS cap 

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Nice cap, particularly like the bullion badge.
    As an aside, is this simply Artillery?

Tom
    They could be collar or shoulder strap insignia from a red coat Tom and might be RA or Fusiliers.
    Regards,

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. You want it?

Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Thanks Jerry. You want it?

Tom
    Sure Tom, if you don't want it I'd happily add it to my collection.
    Regards,

Jerry

Cool, I'll hold it till I get a few to send.

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast