Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Somerset Light Infantry FS cap

Article about: among two group of items I found yesterday, a coloured FS cap for the Somerset Light Infantry. It is rifles green with brass rifles buttons to the front and an OR's white metal badge on a sl

Default Somerset Light Infantry FS cap

among two group of items I found yesterday, a coloured FS cap for the Somerset Light Infantry. It is rifles green with brass rifles buttons to the front and an OR's white metal badge on a slider. It is quite greasy inside from hair cream and has no markings as these were private purchase so no WD arrow etc. The exterior was also dirty/dusty and a gentle wipe down with a damp sponge has sorted that.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Somerset Light Infantry FS cap   Somerset Light Infantry FS cap  

Somerset Light Infantry FS cap   Somerset Light Infantry FS cap  

Somerset Light Infantry FS cap  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice example Jerry. Not often found in this condition because as you say they were private purchase items which tended to mean that many were "sold on" to new owners upon retirement of the original purchaser and as a result became very threadbare before being ultimately discarded.

I daresay a few were even "re-badged" on formation of the LI whilst they were still worn in more forms of dress and by more personnel than today.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

it was very grubby when I got it but a wipe down has done wonders for it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Somerset Light Infantry FS cap  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.