Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two Lovat Scouts Athol bonnets

Article about: Ditto: two Athol bonnets badged to the Lovat Scouts, one with the ante 1903 version of the cap badge ("Je suis prest" scroll) and one with the later 1903-1922 version ("Lovat'

Default Two Lovat Scouts Athol bonnets

Ditto: two Athol bonnets badged to the Lovat Scouts, one with the ante 1903 version of the cap badge ("Je suis prest" scroll) and one with the later 1903-1922 version ("Lovat's Scouts" scroll). In both Atholl bonnets the sweat ban is a fabric ribbon. The one sporting the "Lovat's scouts" scroll has some faintly readable markings: J. J. & W. Hood & Co. Kilmarnock, /|\ and a date: 19?? I guess that the "Je suis prest" cap badge could be a restrike, since does not look like it was some 100 years old.... what your advise, gentlemen?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Lovat Scouts Athol bonnets   Two Lovat Scouts Athol bonnets  

Two Lovat Scouts Athol bonnets   Two Lovat Scouts Athol bonnets  

Two Lovat Scouts Athol bonnets  

Scottish caps are a nightmare to date!!!! Have you tried gently wetting the example with the WD arrow and partial date to see if it makes it more readable?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Scottish caps are a nightmare to date!!!! Have you tried gently wetting the example with the WD arrow and partial date to see if it makes it more readable?
    I agree with Jerry, if the date is there, it should be appear with this process.

thank you for the suggestion: now I know that the last digit is a 2, but I can not really tell what the digit of the decade is, too worn out and exactly where the stitches of the toorie are!