Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Two US Air Force Head Gear Displays

Article about: I bought these two sets a while ago probably three to four years ago. At the time they required nearly a years of savings. At the time I payed around \\$200 for the first one and \\$160 for the

?

The ear cushions are marked the same as mine. So they are military. They have the NAF-48490-1 embossed on them. Now the receivers are really easy to remove. They are only held in with retention pins that stick out of the receiver holders and into the receiver body.
    I'll do some more digging. They might be a post war set up.

If this is the type of interest you wish to learn more about. May I suggest a book call "Gear Up" by Jon A. Maguire
    And of course there is this site which I have saved to my Fav's. Which does make for a good reference for some of the equipment worn.

alliedflightgear.com

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 01-20-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks for the help, As of now I am looking at books on the German Awards and Field gear. But any information is good to have and will help so I will take a look at the book and website. Would you have any idea if the garrison hat is post war?

Thanks,
    Bodhi

--I am leaving for a bit so i can't respond for a couple hours, sorry for the inconvenience!

?

Can you see if the captains bars are maker marked on the back, The Garrison looks good and to see if the rank is of that time period would make the set complete. Semper Fi Phil

?

I like how they are a set with the Visor. The officer would have bought the set at the same time when he ordered it made. It's a nice one. Semper Fi Phil

Here is the Captains bars front back and up close on the makers mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two US Air Force Head Gear Displays   Two US Air Force Head Gear Displays  

MAP
    ?

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Here is the Captains bars front back and up close on the makers mark
    These are made by N.S. Meyer of NY and this style marking is supposedly post 1964-65. So if this was sold to you as a WW2 set....someone added these to the side cap, and or the side cap itself was added....Have you verified if the side cap is WW2 era (not my area of expertise).

Do you have a reverse photo of the visor badge?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Let me go look at the visor badge it may take a while as the inside of the cap is delicate. I will try to get the side cap looked at I may just start a new thread. I also may start a thread for some Air Force mittens I just bought, I couldn't help myself they where cheap!

MAP
    ?

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Let me go look at the visor badge it may take a while as the inside of the cap is delicate. I will try to get the side cap looked at I may just start a new thread. I also may start a thread for some Air Force mittens I just bought, I couldn't help myself they where cheap!
    Typically these visor badges screw off in the back....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It does I just got it off, it was only tricky because of the linerbands stitching is all loose. Pictures on the way!

Here we are, the only marking on the back is ACID TEST, I assume because it’s gold plated?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast