Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Two US Air Force Head Gear Displays

Article about: I bought these two sets a while ago probably three to four years ago. At the time they required nearly a years of savings. At the time I payed around \\$200 for the first one and \\$160 for the

MAP
    ?

Thanks. Can't help. Maybe Phil, Smitty or others. There are different patterns that could point to a specific maker but not something I study. Most likely just a generic example.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

No problem at all, it is probably a more generic one as I think I've got some loose ones in a box somewhere. I will do a quick thread on these mittens to get it out of the way.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

?

I like the Visor eagle. It fit's perfect. The visor and Garrison cap are WW2. A shame about the captain's bar's. But that is why I asked.
    Michael is correct for the maker Meyer's. The M/22 in the shield is their makers mark post war.

Now the eagle does have the " ACID TEST" stamp. That had me thinking about which maker used that stamp. It just happens I have a Amcraft set of US insignia with the word's "ACID TEST" stamped on them. So, Not an expert on these but That might be a Amcraft made eagle. Less the snowflakes

Two US Air Force Head Gear Displays

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hello Phil, thank you for the response, I think I have one or two badges with that kind of ornate-ish back. Are they a more interesting than others? I can post images if you would like (I would have to dig them to first).

Cheers,
    Bodhi

The pattern on the back of the US is typically known as the "Snowflake" Pattern and is indictive of some pre-ww2 and WW2 era insignia..

Smitty

Thank you very much Smitty, now I know about something else to look for.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Here is some more information reference the Snowflake pattern or Straburst pattern as they are known...

Amcraft - HALLMARKS [REF] - U.S. Militaria Forum

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I like the Visor eagle. It fit's perfect. The visor and Garrison cap are WW2.

Now the eagle does have the " ACID TEST" stamp. That had me thinking about which maker used that stamp. It just happens I have a Amcraft set of US insignia with the word's "ACID TEST" stamped on them. So, Not an expert on these but That might be a Amcraft made eagle. Less the snowflakes

Semper Fi
    Phil
    In doing a tiny bit of research (Google is an amazing thing) I found a few threads on the USMF. There appeared to be different makers that used the term "Acid Test". The ones I saw in particular were GEMSCO, NS Meyers and AmCraft. I'm sure there were many more.

I also looked through this thread (Bodhi - not sure you can view the images but give it a try).

The Official Cap Eagle Variant Thread - ARMY - U.S. Militaria Forum

4 pages long but after a quick scan I didn't see a match to the "berry" pattern on the laurel leaf

I too like this eagle. Looks like a nice quality example.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here are my snow flake examples, first is marked with ACID TEST and to AMCRAFT.

MAP, thanks for the source, I was able to look at the images and they were of use so thanks again!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two US Air Force Head Gear Displays   Two US Air Force Head Gear Displays  

Last edited by BodhiEtheridge; 01-22-2020 at 12:10 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4