Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

U.S. visro cap ID please?

Article about: Hello all, My Grandfather has always had this hat. I have the hat now but am unable to identify it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Default U.S. visro cap ID please?

Hello all,

My Grandfather has always had this hat. I have the hat now but am unable to identify it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S. visro cap ID please?   U.S. visro cap ID please?  

U.S. visro cap ID please?   U.S. visro cap ID please?  

MAP
    ?

It appears to be a private (i.e. non-military) visor. From the photo it appears he was a member of the Calypso which was J Cousteau's famous ship. I remember well watching those TV shows as a kid.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I know he was a big investor in J.C. expeditions. I just don't know if this hat was related. Anyway, I appreciate the help.

MAP
    ?

Lets wait for others to opine as well. I could always be mistaken but this does not match any US Navy or US Merchant Marine insignia I am aware of. Maybe another country? But if not, I still think it is probably civilian.

See this link for a Merchant Marine visor.

https://militaryantiquesmuseum.com/u...74.archive.htm

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Moved to the US forum--hopefully you will get more replies here.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by MAP View Post
    It appears to be a private (i.e. non-military) visor. From the photo it appears he was a member of the Calypso which was J Cousteau's famous ship. I remember well watching those TV shows as a kid.
    Me too. I loved Jaques Cousteau! Whooo, that goes back a few years!

MAP
    ?

Quote by lepageman8 View Post
    I know he was a big investor in J.C. expeditions. I just don't know if this hat was related. Anyway, I appreciate the help.
    Well. I would say it is related. He is wearing it in the photo with the J.C. sign.