Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

US glider cap

Article about: This was given to me by my neighbor, a 506 PIR Co E vet. It wasn’t his as he was a paratrooper, he didn’t recall how/when he got it.

Default US glider cap

This was given to me by my neighbor, a 506 PIR Co E vet. It wasn’t his as he was a paratrooper, he didn’t recall how/when he got it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US glider cap   US glider cap  

US glider cap  

Guess it may have come from a 321 or 377 glider artillery regiment veteran as they were part of 101st. Nice gift and from a Easy vet too. Doesn't get much better than that.

This is a nice enlisted mans' cap.. The glider/paratrooper insignia on the left side of the cap indicates an enlisted Soldier. The piping would indicate someone assigned to a field artillery unit, either airborne or glider Field artillery..

The glider is a "fat body variation" and the risers are the thick type risers.. There are lots of variations of the glider patch, and this is one of them..

Smitty

327th gliders with the 101st, my adoptive grandfather was with 327th; D-day,wounded through the neck in Holland got back in time for Bastone and was on one of the OP when the Germany came asking for their surrender “NUTS!!!” Frank Horton was his name; he is missed, great man of God.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td