Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Green Army Dress cap

Article about: Hey all. Found a cool presumably WWII, Korean, or Vietnam War era US Green Army dress cap while I was out hunting at a antique shop. (It was labelled WWII.) I was wondering if I could check

?

Default US Green Army Dress cap

Hey all. Found a cool presumably WWII, Korean, or Vietnam War era US Green Army dress cap while I was out hunting at a antique shop. (It was labelled WWII.)

I was wondering if I could check in to see if perhaps it's authentic and worth a buy at $18. Looking at eBay sold listings, similar hats sell for a little bit more. Looks pretty close to this but the leather band is brown, not black. I didn't want to manhandle the tag, but it did have more text than the one in my picture.

US Green Army Dress capUS Green Army Dress capUS Green Army Dress cap

Thanks!

I'd take it for $18 could well be a 50's one during the transition in 1954 to the green service uniform.
    Also it's an other ranks visor and genuine.

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I'd take it for $18 could well be a 50's one during the transition in 1954 to the green service uniform.
    Also it's an other ranks visor and genuine.
    Thanks for the comment. Hopefully somebody knows a little more about it and may know more about its age and if its military issue/authentic. I'm currently doing research trying to identify it.

ok me not know muchly sorry

MAP
    ?

Quote by LARams View Post
    Thanks for the comment. Hopefully somebody knows a little more about it and may know more about its age and if its military issue/authentic. I'm currently doing research trying to identify it.
    I think Rene gave you all the info you need.

1) Authentic
    2) Korean War Era or thereabouts
    3) An "other ranks" (i.e. US enlisted man)

The sweatband still looks soft so I'm sure you can flip it up and take a photo of the label.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

ok me not know muchly sorry
    Since there isn't tone in text, don't take it the wrong way because it wasn't meant as you didn't know much. More like "somebody knows more about my piece than I" and perhaps could lead me to resources where I can learn more. Thank you for your comment, it's appreciated. I'm here happy to learn.

Quote by MAP
    I think Rene gave you all the info you need.

1) Authentic
    2) Korean War Era or thereabouts
    3) An "other ranks" (i.e. US enlisted man)

The sweatband still looks soft so I'm sure you can flip it up and take a photo of the label.
    MAP, thanks for the comment! You've been a great help with me being new here.

---End Quote---
    Since there isn't tone in text, don't take it the wrong way because it wasn't meant as you didn't know much. No need to be petty. More like "somebody know more about my piece than I" and perhaps could lead me to resources where I ca learn more. Thanks you for your comment.
    ______

I'll refrain... I'll keep my mouth shut from now on! Cheers.......
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-28-2018 at 05:31 AM.

No I won't refrain, go on and collect frikken football cards hey!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-28-2018 at 07:22 AM.

No I won't refrain, go on and collect frikken football cards hey!
    Just block him mate, not worth getting mad about people like him
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast