Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Overseas/Garrison Cap

Article about: I have this overseas or garrison cap, which I believe is a USAAF EM cap? It wrongly has Captains bars. My question is what insignia if any would normally be worn in place of the Officers bar

?

Default US Overseas/Garrison Cap

I have this overseas or garrison cap, which I believe is a USAAF EM cap? It wrongly has Captains bars.
    My question is what insignia if any would normally be worn in place of the Officers bars? The US disc perhaps?
    I've Googled it until I'm cross eyed, everything I find seems to be glider infantry.
    Thanks for any help.

Andy

US Overseas/Garrison Cap

US Overseas/Garrison Cap

?

Default Re: US Overseas/Garrison Cap

This is US army air corps and can have the captains bars

?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    This is US army air corps and can have the captains bars
    Thanks gel, isn't the piping for an enlisted man?

Andy

?

All I can find is this type, it's a collar disc, not regulation though I think.

Andy

US Overseas/Garrison Cap

?

From what I was told on this site. Enlisted men did not wear any device on their caps. These are pic of my uncle wearing this type of garrison cap. So I know the advice was correct! . Officers did wear their rank on them. So you got a Captains Garrison capUS Overseas/Garrison CapUS Overseas/Garrison Cap

The cap is fine and the bars Could be on it, but is the set that is on it now original to it? It is simple enough to pin a set of bars to a cap and make an officer out of it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The cap is fine and the bars Could be on it, but is the set that is on it now original to it? It is simple enough to pin a set of bars to a cap and make an officer out of it.
    It's from my collection, and I added the bars thinking that it was an Officers cap to ad to my USAAF display. It seems not to be, as when I took a real close look at the piping it looks like it is for an enlisted man, not an Officer. It's very similar, when I bought it I thought it was an Officers cap.
    Here is a definite Officer piping, it's difficult to photograph in artificial light, the bullion wire is gold and sparkles. Hence the question on EM insignia, to put it right.
    My apologies for not being clearer in my original post.

US Overseas/Garrison CapUS Overseas/Garrison Cap

Andy

I was always under the impression that officer's overseas caps
    have black and gold bullion.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I was always under the impression that officer's overseas caps
    have black and gold bullion.........

Yup, it is as far as I know, it didn't show very well in the photo, but the Officers is gold, and the cap I bought turns out to be an AAF EM cap. (I think)
    Now it's just dawned over here with better light, some pics of them. Hopefully, the gold will show a little better.

US Overseas/Garrison Cap

US Overseas/Garrison Cap

US Overseas/Garrison Cap

Nice caps, enlisted men were aloud to were their DUI on their overseas caps, I have seen some occasionally with collar brass instead, (which is against reg)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast