Become our sponsor and display your banner here

USAAF Visors

Article about: Mint officer’s tropical visor by Brooks of Calif. U.S. embroidered (done in U.S.) eagle with interior double wall construction enclosing a lacquered cane interior band to permit air flow. Su

Default USAAF Visors

Mint officer’s tropical visor by Brooks of Calif. U.S. embroidered (done in U.S.) eagle with interior double wall construction enclosing a lacquered cane interior band to permit air flow. Surprise was the price tag – this cost $7.95. Note the double grommet inside top - purple one was for the screw on metal eagle and the lower for the vent system. Leather visor lined underneath in gray/green leather.
    (ctf)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF Visors   USAAF Visors  

USAAF Visors   USAAF Visors  

NEC SOLI CEDIT

Bancroft Flighter:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF Visors   USAAF Visors  

USAAF Visors  
    Last edited by stonemint; 05-29-2018 at 04:36 AM.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Flighter picked up at the 2018 SOS by my good friend Vic P:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF Visors  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Sydney (Australia) made USAAF NCO cap. What is of note is that the interior construction identical to German-constructed visors of the era-- Ribbon through sweatband, pleated cloth interior, sewing detail, etc. Logo real interesting – man in hard hat being raised to a building standing on a beam marked “still rising”. Note the leather cavalry strap on rear – officer feature usually. Probably 1943/1944. Rare to see enlisted private purchase.
    (courtesy of my cross-town friend)

NEC SOLI CEDIT

Prewar (circa 1934) USAAF pilot's uniform--note that the insignia on the tunic is direct-embroidered bullion:
    (credit: ctf)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF Visors  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

?

If I may, a photo of an enlisted cap being worn by my father. A corporal in the photo, he rose to tech sgt. by war's end.

BobSUSAAF Visors

Tropical Officer cap w/ a rare bullion eagle:

NEC SOLI CEDIT