Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

USAAF WW2 Officer's 'Pink' Garrison Cap

Article about: I picked this USAAF WW2 Officer Garrison cap in the harder to find 'Pink' colour yesterday, and I thought I would share a few photos of it this morning. I believe these caps are reasonably h

Default USAAF WW2 Officer's 'Pink' Garrison Cap

I picked this USAAF WW2 Officer Garrison cap in the harder to find 'Pink' colour yesterday, and I thought I would share
    a few photos of it this morning. I believe these caps are reasonably hard to find in this colour....

Best wishes

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF WW2 Officer's 'Pink' Garrison Cap   USAAF WW2 Officer's 'Pink' Garrison Cap  

USAAF WW2 Officer's 'Pink' Garrison Cap   USAAF WW2 Officer's 'Pink' Garrison Cap  

USAAF WW2 Officer's 'Pink' Garrison Cap   USAAF WW2 Officer's 'Pink' Garrison Cap  

?

Very Nice and in awesome condition. You don't see many of those. Thanks for sharing that pic.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks Phil

Love it, just recently acquired a shirt in the pinks
    Regards
    René

?

Yes, pink headgear seem to be quite scarce. I posted this visor cap awhile ago, along with the accompanying 8th Air Force tunic.

BobS
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF WW2 Officer's 'Pink' Garrison Cap  

Wow, that is a beauty Bob, I missed the thread when you originally posted it, congratulations on a fantastic (and rare) visor !!

I have just scored a nice sounding 8th AAF WW2 era Major's 4 pocket tunic, with pilots wings, and is an example that
    was made by an English tailor, I have yet to see it, but will be able to do a drive tomorrow to pick it up, I am looking
    forward to seeing it in the flesh, it sounds like a nice tunic. I will post some photos of it when I get it.... (I had it described
    to me over the phone).

Cheers

Bob

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    Wow, that is a beauty Bob, I missed the thread when you originally posted it, congratulations on a fantastic (and rare) visor !!

I have just scored a nice sounding 8th AAF WW2 era Major's 4 pocket tunic, with pilots wings, and is an example that
    was made by an English tailor, I have yet to see it, but will be able to do a drive tomorrow to pick it up, I am looking
    forward to seeing it in the flesh, it sounds like a nice tunic. I will post some photos of it when I get it.... (I had it described
    to me over the phone).

Cheers

Bob
    Looking forward to seeing it. Not head gear, here's he shirt. Can't fix the rotation - long standing issue I have here!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF WW2 Officer's 'Pink' Garrison Cap   USAAF WW2 Officer's 'Pink' Garrison Cap  

Last edited by reneblacky; 10-23-2017 at 09:01 AM.
    Regards
    René

?

Thanks, Bob. I was, for once, lucky! Here is the cap, with tunic, also for a major. Apologies for the photo being sideways.

BobS
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF WW2 Officer's 'Pink' Garrison Cap  

Love that 'pink' shirt René, and BobS., your tunic looks fabulous....

When I originally obtained the Garrison cap, it had Major's insignia on it, and as I was planning to add it to an AAF
    Captain's tunic I changed the rank around, but as of yesterday, a lovely 8th AAF Major's tunic came home with me
    from a local source, so I have now replaced the Captain's bars with the insignia that came with the cap....

I will add a few more photos of the tunic in the appropriate section here .....

Best wishes

Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast