MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USMC Visor - WW2

Article about: Another spur of the moment pick up today. Not well versed in these. I've been looking for a WW2 era US visor and since this had some nice honest wear to it, I decided to pick it up (Still wa

MAP
    ?

Default USMC Visor - WW2

Another spur of the moment pick up today.

Not well versed in these. I've been looking for a WW2 era US visor and since this had some nice honest wear to it, I decided to pick it up (Still want to get a nice USAAF crusher )

Any feedback is appreciated. Looks to be private purchased. There is a card inside with some info on the original owner as well has his name ink stamped on the interior. Will have to do some research myself.

The EGA appears to be WW2 era (I think) and is made by Imperial.

USMC Visor - WW2

USMC Visor - WW2

USMC Visor - WW2

USMC Visor - WW2

USMC Visor - WW2

USMC Visor - WW2

USMC Visor - WW2

USMC Visor - WW2
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A beauty Michael! All of mine look more wool as opposed to this one which looks cotton. Which to me backs up the private purchase attribute. Does it have a wicker interior band? Not 100 percent conclusive but nearly all the WW2 USMC caps I have do, but again not private purchase. Still I think it is of the era and a great example! Hard if not impossible to get better with the interior attribute. Best regards.

Brian

MAP
    ?

This is 100% wool. There is no wicker interior. I will say, it is extremely high quality. Difficult to show in photos but the sweat band is a complicated affair.

I don't know EGA's at all and am taking a crash course via google. What little research I have done notes that these are 1926 pattern with production that continued into the war. Not sure if this is correct or not. Saw it on the US Military Forum.

The EGA is in fantastic shape and made by Hillerhorn & Hamberger which I think is a good manufacturer.

The visor definitely has that old musty smell to it.

Would love to hear more input from anyone and everyone.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great cover, something I need in my collection!

Here's two different caps from my collection one with similar wool pattern as yours (private purchase as well) and another (GI?) with the course wool material. Both have the wicker band interior and WW2 era EGA, horizontal globe lines only, I ve never tried to date them I ve just always went with the generic no vertical globe lines WW2 or earlier rule of thumb.

USMC Visor - WW2USMC Visor - WW2USMC Visor - WW2USMC Visor - WW2USMC Visor - WW2

MAP
    ?

Very nice Brian.

Still learning about EGA's. Didn't know about the horizontal lines. Good to know.

?

That is a awesome looking Cover!! I like EGA's that have the wire/rope attached instead of the one piece molded emblems

Great pick up Michael!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 12-10-2017 at 09:38 PM.

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    That is a awesome looking Cover!! I like EGA's that have the wire attached instead of the one piece molded emblems

Great pick up Michael!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks Phil!

The dealer who I bought it from is an old friend. I didn't see it as it was on the other side of the table. As soon as he pointed it out and immediately I thought of you. Thought you would like this!

Still doing the research on this style of EGA but as you note, I think it is a high quality one.

?

Map have fun learning about EGA's . its a very interesting subject. And can get very expensive

MAP
    ?

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Map have fun learning about EGA's . its a very interesting subject. And can get very expensive
    I see on Bender Publishing they have a who book on them...LoL

One is enough for me (for now!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast