Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

VFW Garrison Cap

Article about: Well I haven't been able to do too much in the past week or two due to finals, but I should start up again this weekend. Anyways here's a VFW Post Commander garrison that is in great conditi

Default VFW Garrison Cap

Well I haven't been able to do too much in the past week or two due to finals, but I should start up again this weekend. Anyways here's a VFW Post Commander garrison that is in great condition. I'm still in the process of trying to find out who was the original owner. There's no name on the cap either which makes it that much harder. Any thoughts as where I should try looking? Also I've never seen an arrowhead on a WW2 Victory Medal ribbon, is there a special reason it may be on there?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VFW Garrison Cap   VFW Garrison Cap  

Fred Green
    ?

Default Re: VFW Garrison Cap

Hello,

All the answers are on the hat. Contact the post and ask who the Post commander was at the time listed on the hat. I am sure that is in their archives. The arrowhead on the ribbon is for an assault landing...D-Day, North Africa etc. I hope this helps.

Fred

Just as Fred said, its all there in your hands. They will probably even have a picture of him, too.

i agree with the other contact the post !!also their really should not be any devices on the ww2 victory medal, the vet may have added but nothing was authorized to put on it !!!

?

Obviously an army vet that was in 2 landings. The Philipines liberation ribbon suggests one of them being the landing at Leyte. The Army divisions most active in the Pacific were the 32nd, 37th and the 1st cav., but not they were not the only ones out there.

Hmmm... Could be the 6th I.D. also. I'm pretty sure they made a couple of assault landings- one at Bird's Head Peninsula and one in the Philippines.

I have top men working on this. Top men.

Just in case you haven't already found it

VFW PA Post 1074