Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

vietnam era helmet liner

Article about: here's a recent pickup and quite hard to find here in the uk ,this one is dated 1967 and i can confirm very warm to wear especially when out early on my mountain bike ,before you say it no i

Default vietnam era helmet liner

here's a recent pickup and quite hard to find here in the uk ,this one is dated 1967 and i can confirm very warm to wear especially when out early on my mountain bike ,before you say it no i dont wear an m1 smash helmet ,i like the fact its specific to the m1 and even has chinstrap slots either side when folded up over the helmet vietnam era helmet linervietnam era helmet linervietnam era helmet linervietnam era helmet linervietnam era helmet linervietnam era helmet linervietnam era helmet linervietnam era helmet liner
    Regards James

Very nice James,I no nothing about these,so when were the Bale slits added?did the KW period types have them too?also i see you can't leave the netted lid alone.carrying it around like a furby.......

Nice one James I too can say they are warm having worn one in the early 70's US army. timothy

cheers jake yes that denny net you sent sure does compliment the relic well,its my new favorite old lid so im going to make it a sticky i just need to convince the missus its really does suit the living room i dont know about the korean period liners regarding the chinstrap button holes ,ill do further research and if i find out anything ill let you know and many thanks timothy your revelation of your time in service ,i honestly didnt know ,perhaps your the best person to ask ,my nam lid is an m1c and im just wondering if this liner would still have been worn under the different chinstrap configuration ,thanks james
    Regards James

?

Very nice James, 1967 vintage too. I have a 1980's M-81 woodland version of these Helmet liners, and have worn it through many a cold winter

Yes I think so James however most airborne troopers I was in the field with wore standard infantry stuff unless on a jump exercise I think those could be worn by everybody from cooks, to para. At least was my observation. timothy

An interesting item, i've never seen one before!...

thanks gary ,post up your woodland version if you have time just for comparison please ,brilliant info timothy thanks very much paul although ultra thin they are very warm
    Regards James

?

Thanks James some good pictures .. I like the helmet too it looks top dollar. Cheers Terry.

cheers terry for the nice comps
    Regards James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast