Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Who can help me identify this beret?

Article about: Good evening, I am collecting headgear from the Netherlands military during the WWII in England, Canada and Australia during 1940-1945 and also from the Netherlands East Indie during 1945-19

JohanHerman
    ?

Default Who can help me identify this beret?

Good evening,
    I am collecting headgear from the Netherlands military during the WWII in England, Canada and Australia during 1940-1945 and also from the Netherlands East Indie during 1945-1950
    At the moment I have a number of English and Canadian berets and side caps.with a Dutch metal Lion and buttons.
    Some of them have been worn by the Princes Irene Brigade during their English period.
    So the next question is my first posting and I hope someone can help me to identify this beret I bought last week.
    This beret seems to be made of canvas, its very stiff (correct word??)
    A great part of the stamp has gone but a small rounded stamp appeared as I looked better inside the beret.
    I think looking at the arrow it is English made but I have never seen until today such a stamp.
    I hjope some can helop me.
    Many thanks and regrard,
    JohanHerman. NL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who can help me identify this beret?   Who can help me identify this beret?  

Who can help me identify this beret?   Who can help me identify this beret?  

Who can help me identify this beret?   Who can help me identify this beret?  

Who can help me identify this beret?  

The inkstamp is typical for Indian made items, wartime dated and it is a jungle beret
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice one to own not common down here Here's two Aust versions for comparison