Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Ww 2 usaaf flak helmet

Article about: i HAD THIS HELMET FOR SOME TIME, AND I AM JUST DOING NORMAL CLEANING ON SOME OF MY LEATHER GEAR,,,COMMENTS WELCOMED.....(SOMEONE PUT A STRIP OF BLACK TAPE ON HELMET?????) DAVE H

Default Ww 2 usaaf flak helmet

i HAD THIS HELMET FOR SOME TIME, AND I AM JUST DOING NORMAL CLEANING ON SOME OF MY LEATHER GEAR,,,COMMENTS WELCOMED.....(SOMEONE PUT A STRIP OF BLACK TAPE ON HELMET?????) DAVE HWw 2 usaaf flak helmetWw 2 usaaf flak helmetWw 2 usaaf flak helmetWw 2 usaaf flak helmet

?

Default Re: Ww 2 usaaf flak helmet

Looks like a H-28-CL helmet to me. Nice piece. Mind snapping a picture of the liner?

EDIT - My bad, these lacked a liner and were worn over the standard flight helmet.

Cheers,
    Nitram

Dave, any idea on the production date of the helmet? John

John, no idea of production date,only that it is property of united states army air force,

nitram,you are correct it is an H-28- CL ...Ww 2 usaaf flak helmetWw 2 usaaf flak helmet the interior appears to be like a chamois liner. ....dave h

Very cool helmet! - Nick K

?

Thanks for the picture, love the dice!

Nitram

Little bit of info here:

U.S. Project H-28-CL Flak Helmet

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade,
    Thanks for the link........Dave H

Dave, sorry it took a while for me to find this again. The site that Ade provided cleared up a question that I had. The production of this helmet stopped at the end of the war but they must have continued to be issued based on the U.S.A.F. inscription on the liner. Nice helmet, I'll have to put it on my "to get" list. The list just keeps getting longer! Oh well, time to get ready for the SB party. Thanks Dave and Ade. John