Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ww2 beret ?

Article about: sorry to be a pain !, I have several post's today asking for advice !, passed a local collecter's shop on my way home from work and in the window is a brown beret marked as WW2, it looks sim

jwp
    ?

Default ww2 beret ?

sorry to be a pain !, I have several post's today asking for advice !, passed a local collecter's shop on my way home from work and in the window is a brown beret marked as WW2, it looks similar to the one in the attached pic of my dad, I realise the pic of dad has been coloured and not colour film but do you think this is correct in colour, dad's pic is dated 1944, what would be a good price for this as it is not marked, I did get a nice 47 pattern bd blouse from this seller after good advice from here,
    many thanks and apologies for the many post's today,
    John.ww2 beret ?

Hi , if it is a WW2 khaki beret it will be almost the same colour as your 47 pattern battledress. P.S , a nice picture of your dad , what regiment is he , looks a bit like Royal Corps of Transport? Leon.

Yes, the photo shows a late war khaki general service cap or beret. All the ones I have seen have been marked and dated 1944 or 45. They are indeed khaki brown as is your battledress. They are not expensive, I paid about £20 for my 1945 dated one (shown).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 beret ?  

jwp
    ?

thanks Leon, dad was a driver in the Royal army service corps, he served with the 78th division (1st. army) from operation Torch, n.africa, through the Italian campaign and spent 1946 in Austria as part of the army of occupation, in this 1944 pic he is wearing the medal ribbon of the Africa star with 1st army clasp,
    thank you for your interest, by the way I do have all his medals and the bar he is wearing in the pic, the bar has no pin fastening so it may have been lost or maybe was sewn to his shirt ?,
    cheers,
    John.

jwp
    ?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Yes, the photo shows a late war khaki general service cap or beret. All the ones I have seen have been marked and dated 1944 or 45. They are indeed khaki brown as is your battledress. They are not expensive, I paid about £20 for my 1945 dated one (shown).
    Douglas, many thanks for your reply, sorry I am a slow typer was answering previous post!, will call Monday and enquire, hope its still there !!

See my thread about them.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/USA-b...diculous-3789/

£20 would be a good price. They go for more now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

jwp
    ?

thank you ade, a great thread, I must apologise for not searching the forum in more detail before I post, but thanks again for you patience and invaluable advice.

No worries John. A search only works if you know the correct name for an item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Indeed a GS cap, more like £50 these days for a tidy example. I have two in my collection. They were first introduced in autumn 43, so most you see are dated after that if the dates survive, one I have is 44 and the other the date has washed out though it has to be either 43 or 44 as he was chucked out of the army in 44.

I think I remember telling you in another thread that he was wearing a GS cap John?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

jwp
    ?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Indeed a GS cap, more like £50 these days for a tidy example. I have two in my collection. They were first introduced in autumn 43, so most you see are dated after that if the dates survive, one I have is 44 and the other the date has washed out though it has to be either 43 or 44 as he was chucked out of the army in 44.

I think I remember telling you in another thread that he was wearing a GS cap John?
    Thanks Jerry, yes you dated a pic for me I posted of dad and comrades which I thought may have been n.africa, one or two of the chaps were wearing GS caps so the pic would be sicily or Italy,
    cheers,
    John.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast