MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Royal Marine Beret ?

Article about: Hello What are your thoughts on this beret? I do not know anything when it comes to British berets. looking around it seems different from the ww2 period ones? No dates or markings anywhere

?

Default WW2 Royal Marine Beret ?

Hello

What are your thoughts on this beret?
    I do not know anything when it comes to British berets.
    looking around it seems different from the ww2 period ones?
    No dates or markings anywhere that I could see.
    Thank you very much
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Royal Marine Beret ?   WW2 Royal Marine Beret ?  

WW2 Royal Marine Beret ?   WW2 Royal Marine Beret ?  

not WWII and I have no idea what the badge is, perhaps foreign
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    not WWII and I have no idea what the badge is, perhaps foreign
    I agree with Jerry here. The beret with the red backing is as worn by non-commando trained / qualified RM badged personnel (this would include the Cadets, a pseudo-military youth organisation mostly aged 14 - 18 yrs) to this day and the stitching around the red patch does have a very modern look to it apart from the fact that this is not a WWII beret as Jerry said.

As for the badge it is certainly not British military and I am not convinced it is a cap badge at all. It does have a european look to it and I did initially think of Scandinavia. If you look at the device in the centre of the badge you will see it is not in the correct orientation and is canted 45 degrees to the right when it should be upright like a + sign rather than like a x sign.

I would be interested to find out what it actually is though.

As for the word Marine marked on the label this in many Romance or Germanic languages simply means the sea or of the sea but is used to refer to the "Navy" so is most like spurious in this case.

I hope this helps

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I think it's a Royal Netherlands Marine Corps (Korps Mariniers) beret with an unknown badge. The number on the sewn tag looks to be the reg number of the original owner.

The black (actually very dark blue) beret with the half-circular red patch was introduced in 1945-46 and is still worn by Dutch marines that complete basic training. It is worn with either a black anchor badge (daily/combat) or a gold one (parade).

WW2 Royal Marine Beret ?

?

Hello
    Thank you so much for the help and information.
    I really appreciate it
    Tony

WW2 Royal Marine Beret ?

This is the correct badge, the parade one is identical but gold-coloured. It attaches with 2 eyelets and a pin.

CBH
    ?

The pin closure looks civilian, Belgium sometimes uses prongs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Royal Marine Beret ?   WW2 Royal Marine Beret ?